Tally-Ho, Bicycle, or Bee Decks?

Feb 14, 2008
canada
www.youtube.com
hey guys im new here at T11 and im liking it so far, have a couple questions ..

right now i am using tally ho, bicycle and bee cards..... i want to know what cards you use or prefer using for different occasions, look, or feels....

here is my opinion;

i love tally ho cards, but im not to into the fan back ( i like blue circle backs)

bee cards are o.k, i use them sometimes, the are a variety of backs for those, but i like the world poker tour red backs... (same as Dan and Dave buck)

and bicycle cards are a NESSESITY for any card magician, but clump up after a short period of time.... i prefer blue back bicycle.

so, tell me what you think!!!:rolleyes:

o and don't forget to check out my videos on YOUTUBE (below)

http://www.youtube.com/user/FancyTieProductions

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
I've never had a problem with Bikes clumping up.. I guess it depends on who's hands.. for example, my cousin.. ANY deck clumps after a mere 10 minutes in his hands while my decks can literally last me the greater part of a month.

What I look for in a deck is the fanning ability. If you can fan/spread, you can do anything... or at least I find that I can. Other than that, I'm fine.

My preference however are normal ole' bikes... red or blue doesn't matter.

-Deryn

PS Welcome to the forums

In my experience, Bee's are the toughest cards I use. I only use them for practicing though - the backs with no border really help to fine tune your double lifts and finger positions. I'e just gotten into tallys, I like em, but I don't think I'll perform with them though. Bikes are just the typical magicians choice for standard performance, they're good, but I like the feel of the Bee's better (gonna get me soe Wynns to perform with soon.) I love performing with Ellusionist decks and the Guardians. The Guardians just look so tough, but don't look gaffed, where as you usually have to convince people that black decks aren't.

So, practice slights with Bees, perform for family and friends with Bikes and perform at parties/professionally with Guardians, Ghosts and Wynns. And be good to your parents.

But that's just my opinion :D

Nov 6, 2007
I can't stand bees. I think they look ugly and from my experiences they haven't really lasted much longer than other cards. If you want a deck with no boarders Texans are definitely the way to go.

Tally Hos are very nice, that goes for both backs. Color isn't really an issue to me, although black-backed usually attracts more attention amungst magicians.

Bicycles are also great. Cheap, yet handle nicely.

I haven't hopped on the whole Wynns/Guardian train yet. I don't think I will as I don't really see anything too special about them. But hey, I won't bad-talk them as I've never used them, so maybe they are absolutely phenomenal and I am missing out big time. Yeah, that's probably the case. Silly me.

Ellusionist decks are nice to look at and handle amazingly. Perform? Not for me. They draw too much attention and suspicion.

I recently discovered a new type of deck. Well, not new, but not a lot of people use it. I've only seen it used once before and I have yet to see any magicians on youtube and/or noobtubers use them. I'd like to see them kept underground for the time being :)

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
I think Tally-Ho and Bicycle feels pretty much the same. I prefer Tally-Ho because of that very cool ace of spades, but also for the nice joker. Bee's have boring backs, but nice ace of spades.

It's truly all personal opinion when it comes to cards. I prefer Tally Ho's for all-around usage.

However, I prefer Bee's for flourishes. I like the finish and the stock on those.
I use regular Bikes sometimes too.

Michael

Feb 19, 2008
I'm a hardcore (not really) Tally Ho fan (lolpun).

I love 'em. :D

Bikes are fine though, but I like the way the Tally's handle and their thickness and overall better quality.

The sad thing is that I've never actually held a deck of Bee's in my hands, so I can't really comment on that.

Feb 25, 2008
Blue Bikes for me.
Im working with a really fantastic deck right now, it has held strong for a good week now. Still feels great.
I personally cant stand red cards, just a brain thing, if i ever have a red deck i will work through it in an hour or so, usually giving it away to the first spec i perform for.

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
I would prefer Bee's they are very flexible when you break them in, also easy to spread fan and spring considering they are flexible to the point they are bendy.

But What I really recommend are Wynns : )

Nov 30, 2007
I really like Bicycle Masters. They are really nice. But I also like Tally Ho and just plain Bicycle. I don't really use Bee though except for wynn's. I am not too picky there though. They are all good.

Jun 22, 2011
Chicago
Hey there!
Good question. I have a variety of decks. Bicycle is the most economical for the best quality (for the price). Of course, I think it's a good idea to widen your horizens. You may never know if one day a person walks up to you, hands you a deck, and says, "Impress me." So familiarize yourself with all types. But for personal enjoyment, I suggest Tally's for better quality. For the cream of the crop for performing, Sentinels and Monarchs all the way. (Both sold here. Check playing card selection.) They are AWESOME. Pretty on the eyes and a dream to handle. So with that in mind, get used to anything, and, there's nothing like some classy backs. Hope this helps!
Thanks,
John

Never played with tally-ho's I like Bicycles because they are cheap and perform well and are easy to find. (around here at least) I love the way a new deck of Bee's feel when you open them, one of my favorite decks. But I can't do any tricks where the card is reversed. Which I love to do. I also won a brick of Monarchs which feel very nice and look great but I don't get custom decks regularly.

Apr 8, 2011
Well I think that Tallys are good for magic and flourishing, Bees are good for gambling moves/demonstrations, and Bikes are just good all around cards (and there are bicycle gaff decks which allow you to do cool stuff with bikes, i haven't seen tally of bee gaff decks).

Sep 16, 2011
Leeds, UK
My first set of cards were Talley-Ho's. They were fine. Then I bought Bicycles......now althoughthe bicycles are fine, I've also found that they clump a bit sooner, and I'm constantly switching decks. I found an old pack of my Talley-Ho's the other day that the wife and kids have been using. They seriously dirty and messy....yet they fanned and spread really well so ithink I'll either try some Bee's next or go back to my Talley's.

Jan 26, 2012
Yea, brendan1980

My first deck was a Talley-Ho too. And, 2 years later, they're still fanning like new...... :)

magicboy1999 :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results