Tannen's Magic Camp

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hey Everyone,

I am quite near Bryn Mawr college where Tannens Magic Camp is being held, and I was wondering if anyone here is going // how good/advanced this camp is. I was also wondering if anyone knew any professional magicians who will be there.

Any recommendations at all would be wonderful as I am really thinking about attending.

Thank you in advance! :)

Best regards,

-Sanj

EDIT:: Anyone who is going should PM me so we can meet up before the actual camp or something, I live very near there!!!

Sep 4, 2007
Sorcerers Safari is better :).
Please do not make a judgment if you have not been to Tannens. I can personally attest that tannens is great. Many great pros come such as Doug Mckenzie, Dan White, Bob Sheets, Jay Sankey(used to be a councelor). David Blaine used to come to the camp. There are classes, shows, and a lot of fun. I hope you sign up, because if you do, I guarantee you will enjoy it.
Tatanka Tan

Oct 30, 2008
Tannen's Camp is GREAT, been going for 5 years now and I always have a great time. I'm sure romantic picnics with Lee Asher must be great, and the private sunset kayak rides with Aaron Fisher have to be so arrousing, but Tannen's Camp is awesome and much closer to you than CANADA... You know, Bryn Mawr has woodland creatures surrounding the campus too, but they're not in the eating/sleeping/bathroom areas.
:)

Sep 7, 2008
Last year was my first year and I enjoyed it a lot. I loved meeting Derek Hughes, David Oliver, Kostya Kimlat, Bob Sheets, Joshua Jay, Nathan Kranzo, and some others.

Sep 11, 2007
Hi,

I'm one of the counselors at Tannens. I've been there for the past 17 years and can honestly say that it has been one of the biggest and best influences on my life, both in and outside the world of magic. I'm happy to answer any questions about it, feel free.

-Derrin

Sep 11, 2007
I'm assuming you're talking about new campers? If so, then absolutely. Each year we get quite a few new faces, and from the counselor side of things it's great to see how much can happen in such a short time. You'll make friends for life and your magic improves from day 1.

See you there!

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I'm assuming you're talking about new campers? If so, then absolutely. Each year we get quite a few new faces, and from the counselor side of things it's great to see how much can happen in such a short time. You'll make friends for life and your magic improves from day 1.

See you there!

No, i meant new teachers and stuff.

Sep 11, 2007
Yes and no...

Almost all of the core staff were students at the camp for many years and have moved up (much like "regular" camps).

However, we have shows every night and lectures every day, and guests are stopping by all the time to either perform, help teach, or just hang out with the camp. So while there are some of us that are there every year, there's also a number of others that show up. Part of the fun is just not knowing who actually is going to stop by. I remember one year in the middle of the final competition David Copperfield walked in. A few years later on the first night of the camp, Criss Angel stopped by for the night. Last year Bob Sheets spent a day with my stage class, and Josh Jay stopped by and put on his own show after our regular nightly show. So, you just never know... and the staff is really good at keeping secrets :) Just remember, the goal should be to learn as much as you can from as many as you can, regardless of any special or famous guests. Just know you'll have a good time.

Jan 8, 2009
Sounds like fun, but it seems insanely expensive.. then again, for a whole week of awesomeness... hmm..

That's like choosing between a mac and fun for a week LOL

Jan 25, 2008
Hey, haven't posted around these forums in a while but just wanted to say that I will also be joining tannen's. I wish that they were around june instead of july:S.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results