Tarantula or The Trilogy?

Oct 11, 2007
I know that no one here has the Tarantula yet. But I want to get them both so bad! So what do you guys think I should get?

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know that no one here has the Tarantula yet. But I want to get them both so bad! So what do you guys think I should get?

Um... so you know that no one has it, yet you ask our opinion on it... :confused:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record,

find out which one fits your style more. Also, tell us more about what you're skills are and what you like to perform.

-Kevin

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Depends on your style. Trilogy is very comprehensive and covers tricksflourishesandeverythingelse. Tarantula is an impossible ring float. We can't really tell you what to buy. If you are more into the Bucks style and flourishing, go with Trilogy. If you spend most of your time on the streets, I think Tarantula would make more sense. If I had to choose one, I would choose the Trilogy in a heartbeat, but that's just me.

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
The tarantula looks cool, but I'm not really big on animations or levitating things so it's not for me. The trilogy is awesome. There is so much material. To be honest this is not a decision anybody can make for you. Do you like flourishing, and slights with cards OR do you like animations? If you can decide which one you want to go out and perform you'll know what to do.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
As said before: It depends on your style

The Trilogy- Card Tricks, Flourishes and everythingelse

Tarantula- A ring float and levitations/animations

Oct 11, 2007
sorry guys. I shouldn't have asked since the tarantula hasn't some out yet. I just wasn't thinking. The thing is that I'm obsessed over levitation but I love card sleights as well. Oh well. I'll figure it out.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
If you're really into Card Sleights, you're better off trying to find something like Bertram on Sleight of Hand, or Card Finesse by Jon Racherbaumer - they'll provide you with much better and interesting sleights in my opinion than Trilogy. Or, study the best sleight of hand around, and get Erdnase and Expert Card Technique.

I'd only get Trilogy for the flourishes, because the tricks aren't my style. Trilogy tricks are generally quick, flashy and flourishy. So if that's your style of performing, do that. If you're generally most interested in sleights though, there are much better sleights around that will be much more interesting to study.

Dec 5, 2008
i knwo what u mean , i have to choose between andthensome or tarantula with TA but if i were u go with the trilogy because there are amazing effects on there you would love, also if u only like tricks, just buy tricks and everythingelse or just tricks, cuz u save on money and then u can use the money u have to spend on tarantula, best of both worlds lol

Please don't kill me!
But... I'm almost regretting getting the Trilogy, I hardly use anything from there, none of the tricks, one or 2 flourishes, and the finger exercises and double lift from everythingelse.
If you enjoy D&D's style, by all means go for the Trilogy, but I believe I'll get a whole lot more out of the Tarantula, it's more my style.

D21400

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Antwerp, Belgium
actually I agree with you. D&D do magic for magicians. While you do get useful sleights, you'd probably be better off with a book.

they do indeed but there tricks are really suiteble for laymen. it's like they get kicked (i mean really kicked) in the face. the tricks are perfect

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
I disagree, but what I'm more interested in, is if you've met someone who's responded positively to being kicked in the face.

indeed, it's an argument i will use next time i'm involved into a conversation about this subject.
back on topic, I also regret getting the trilogy because i only use De Ja Vu and my own version of Tivo (seems a little cleaner and enables to repeat the effect immediately). I would go with Tarantula but as others said if you are intersted in card sleights you are better off with a book

George

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results