Tear Down by Andrew Mayne - Review

Sep 1, 2007
Tear Down by Andrew Mayne:

http://www.itricks.com/store/

This is the greatest torn and restored newspaper ever.

Before I get into the review, here's some things to know:

*Completely impromptu.
*No gimmick
*No setup
*No duplicates
*Nothing to add
*Signed and borrowed newspaper
*Can be done with any size newspaper, as well as magazines
*Can be handed back out at the end
*Extremely easy

First off, I want to thank Justin Robert Young for the pre-release copy. He also has a great website:

http://itricks.com/news/

This DVD is layed out just like Twisted. It starts off with a performance of the basic effect, then , in his house, Andrew talks about coming up with the effect. Next, Is the basic method of the effect. He quickly runs through the mothod, so you can get the idea of how it works. It is very simple. He then goes completely in depth on how to perform the effect. The effect is, that you borrow a newspaper and have it signed. You tear it in half multiple times, then crumple it up into a little ball. You start rubbing the ball in your hand, and it looks like the pieces are visually melting together in your hands. The newspaper is uncrumpled, and handed back to the spectator to keep, with the signature still intact. I think this is the most practical torn and restored newspaper ever. You can do it literally anytime you want to. No matter what situation your in, you can do this. Next, images are shown step by step, to make this even easier to learn. Andrew first teaches this with a tabloid sized newspaper, then teaches how to do it with a full sized newspaper. It is just as good. He also teaches how to do it with an actual magazine. This is probably the easiest version. He also goes over 3 good tips to help you perform this better. Then the closing, and the credits, of course. I urge you all to buy this, and perform it at your show. It is only $15 on Andrew's site. It also has free shipping! I don't think this plot can get any better than this, but if so, it would be real magic. You should also buy everything this guy releases, it is so good! You will not regret any of it.

i hate to bump this. But I wanted to add my $.02

I got this yesterday. I've watched it twice through. I think it is amazing. So simple. And yes! Very impromtu. Very practical and overall just a great trick. I have been looking for an easy yet effective T&R Newspaper and I have found it in this.

I also played around and combined this with a few of the other principles I know, and came up with a 2 second set up trick. With the easy set up, I plan on doing this trick for my school's talent show.

Also, I think the prices is right. All of Mayne's products are reasonably priced. This trick is Definitely worth it. every hard earned penny. The dvd is made on a Mac, if you care to know. The dvd layout is one from idvd. It's sad I know that.

Seriously though, this is great. In depth and overall- superb.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results