Technique for practicing Coin Magic

Dec 13, 2007
Heres a technique i found very useful when practicing coin magic.

I don't know if its that useful for most coin tricks but it really helped me with silver dream...

What I did was i used a heavier coin to practice and then I do it with a lighter coin and its much easier. For example: I practiced the routine with walking liberty halves and perform with kennedy halves (which is perfect because they are both the same size but the walking liberties are a bit more heavy)... I tried this technique for threefry and it didn't really work that well but i think its because kennedy halves make more of a noise then walking liberties...but i have also tried this for the one coin routine and Hellbound and I found that my performance improved fairly noticeably

I really hope this helped

It sure helped me

You just have to experiment with different coins, I recommend what i do (walking liberties then kennedy's) because they are the same size

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
Not if you're using a '64 Kennedy haha, those are heavier than the liberties.
Also it depends if you're using a circulated or uncirculated liberty.

Dec 16, 2007
London
nice tip mate,
This method of practicing with a heavier coin also works wonders for your muslce pass ( i think theres a whole thread on that somewhere), but i'll give this a try for silver dream.

some martial artists increase the speed of gtheir punches by shadow boxing with weights in there hands, so maybe we should get a bit more hardcore with our magic practice!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results