Temptation by Mr. Gordon Bean

Jul 10, 2008
A few years ago I lived down in Kansas City and I frequented a place called The U.S. Toy Company. They had one of the largest magic sections that I have seen, not too many places around my part of the midwest. So one day I was making a purchase and the very good salesman coaxed me with the "if you spend $10 more dollars I can give you 20% off" sales pitch, yeah I know my wife won't let me watch infomercials because of my gullibility when it comes to so called "good deals"... I digress.... That extra $10 was spent on Gordon Bean's Entourage, by the way... don't buy it, I want to be the only one who performs it :D. I tossed it aside for a few months, but the day I took it out and actually read through this effect I knew it was a gem!

But John, you say, the review is titled "Temptation by Gordon Bean". Hang tight my friend... I have since moved from KC and sadly the only place near here only has half of a glass display case with magic "tricks". Now, given my love for Mr. Bean's (not that Mr. Bean) Entourage I always try to keep an eye out for anything else he releases. Last week I wandered through that store and I spotted the packaging, for those of you who own any of Mr. Bean's products you know what I'm referring to, and didn't think twice. I said I'll take "that" with an assertive point of my finger and walked tall to the check out. I didn't know a thing about it, didn't care.

When I got home I read the effect description. Oh God!!! "Not another three card monte effect", I said, "what the funk was I thinking?" My friends, this one is good. My first reaction was wrong. If you don't like packet tricks, see ya later, move on. If you do, welcome to Temptation.

Temptation is an effect that through it's development has been highly anticipated, each version more than the next, the release postponed until it reached perfection. The story of it's creation is included with the product.

The performer shows three cards in hand. The Ace, Two, and Three of Spades. In hand, the performer tells the spectator to watch as the face down three travels from right hand (now shown as the two when turned face up) to returning to the left hand, face down (which just held the face up ace and two). Then, the face down three is taken into the right hand again only to reveal it as the Ace, the three is face up in the left hand. Final faze... the the three is reversed and handed to the spectator face down ( or set on the table, or what ever you want to do with it) and the Ace is handed to another spectator (face up, face down, whatever, have fun) and the face up two is inserted into the performer's pocket, did I say... face up? Immediately the face up two, held with two fingers, is pulled back out showing it as the three, while the two lies face up wherever you placed the apparent face down three (see above)!

The best part... you end clean! All cards are examinable! Gordon Bean is my hero! If you don't like gaffs, step aside, there are others who will love this. My friends, this one is a gem. It allows you to work on your presentation. The instructions come with a suggested patter, they are detailed, with pictures. But you can mold this puppy to fit your style and not worry about anything else. It's easy, it's fun, and it's only $15.99, suggested retail price... Actually, that last part is a lie, I have no idea what the suggested retail price is. But I will say this... If you ever see a Gordon Bean product, buy it.

peace
John

Last edited by a moderator:
May 1, 2009
UK
Temptation

I got this a few years ago & i must say it's a very good effect, if you like Temptation check-out Monte 3.0 also a very good effect. What i like about Gordon Bean's effects is that you end clean & how you end clean is built into the routine itself, Monte 3.0 i like better than Temptation as it's essayer for your spectator to follow. Iam not saying Temptation is hard to follow but as all the cards are black & of the same suit your patter has to be clear, i think you would know what iam on about if you owned Temptation. Monte 3.0 uses a red ace & two black two's making the transpositions visually essayer to follow & all the magic happens right on the spectator's hands & ends in the spectators hands & as Temptation you are totally clean. I love magic that happens in the spectators hands, Anyways both effects are well worth looking at hope this helps.

Jun 13, 2009
Israel
Temptation by Mr Gordon Bean

One week from right now, well be sitting on the lawn at LL Bean anxiously anticipating the second night of BCB

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results