Tenyo 2017 is here!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
It's that time of the year again. Leaves start turning yellow and red and--who cares! The new Tenyo line is out (in Japan). Here's the new 4 T-Numbered tricks this year::

Magic Maze

Psycho Gravity

Miracle Water Dish

Legendary Puzzle

There's also a 4 trick 'Mentalism' line. I'll post links of those. Two of them are reprints of previous years 'redemption tricks' ('Mentalist's Notebook' and 'Dream Psychometry') they are very good. The other two I haven't heard of.

But for now, here's the T-Numbered.

I'm a bit sad that none of the 4 tricks can be done standing up (all 4 need a table in some capacity). But Legendary Puzzle and Magic Maze are on my list.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
That legendary puzzle is pretty smart. I wander if it's inspectable after the move.

I know that Legendary Puzzle is part of their 'Greatest Magic' lineup, which is Tenyos take on a classic trick, which usually involves them improving some aspect over the original. Most of the time, it's very good improvements (Ultimate Shocking Pen), other times it's just a unique take (Cloud Money).

I don't have the trick YET, but it gets inspected beforehand; SHOULD be able to be examined afterwards too, if it's what I think it is.

But that Magic Maze. There's SO MUCH free choice on the audiences end. And you could easily scale it up for a show.

Reactions: Justin.Morris

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
I didn't think this before. Really it is an important point of magic shows. I learnt something. Thanks.

I like stand up stuff as well. I like having a table as an 'option', as opposed to being pinned to one.

It's weird as they usually have at least 1 T-numbered trick that can be done standing up, or something that people can see sitting down without having to stare at it from the top down (coffee table magic). However, in the past several years lines, I don't believe they have had a strong 'stand up' trick since 2013's Magic Memo Pad.
Last years only stand up trick was technically Mysterious Doghouse. It's a good one if you have a good routine and keep the audience occupied. Security Lock from 2015 is...weird. Can't say why, but the dynamics of it (once you know what makes it tick) make it a tough one to perform (Lubor Fiedler Tenyo are not easy to do). 2014's Ghost Card (another Libor trick) has a slew of things that make it tough to wield. Honestly, their best 'stand up' material lies in their old old stuff.

Their mentalist line, though, has an amazing lineup. However, I believe you can do Magic Square standing up. Dream Psychometry is a 5 card trick; stand up. Mentalist Notebook, I THINK can be done standing up, and Hyper ESP is a table trick.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

hikeeba

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
But that Magic Maze. There's SO MUCH free choice on the audiences end. And you could easily scale it up for a show.

Pretty sure by scaling it up you meant jumbo cards. However, I just scaled it up to 7 tracks. If you have some blank cards around you can make your own!
I think it may work better by letting the spectator win (either he directly picks one starting point (letting the force guide him) or eliminates all but one (again, letting the force guide him, but in a much more prolonged manner.)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results