Thanksgiving!

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
First off, a Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow American's, I hope you have a fun, safe time with your family, and that you don't get too sick off of the stuffing.
I will be gone from this Friday the 16th to the 26th, so try and miss me everyone. :p
Anybody have exciting plans for the upcoming holiday?

However, seeing as this is a magic thread, I have to bring magic into the topic;
I am going on a 9 hour car drive, and intend to bring most of my cards, and magic props, but I have a problem or two: I have so many cards, and some special tricks Panic, and Distortion, along with a few others than could be easily broken/ inadvertently exposed so I need a safe place that I can store said materials and not have to worry about them getting beaten up, can anyone suggest a suitable storage case?

That is all I had. I hope that everyone celebrating this holiday is safe and has a fun time with their family, and I will talk to you all later!

P.S. Am I the only one that I has thought of "Card To Turkey"?

But then you'll miss the release of TnR :eek:

Anyway, I celebrate Thanksgiving as it was originally celebrated; a feast of nuts, deer, rabbit, fish and other seafood... Cause that's what the colonists did :D

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
But then you'll miss the release of TnR :eek:

Anyway, I celebrate Thanksgiving as it was originally celebrated; a feast of nuts, deer, rabbit, fish and other seafood... Cause that's what the colonists did :D

Oh snap! Oh well, it'll still be here when I return.

"I celebrate Thanksgiving the old fashioned way: I invite all my neighbors over for dinner, then afterwards I kill them and take their land."

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
www.myspace.com
Oh snap! Oh well, it'll still be here when I return.

"I celebrate Thanksgiving the old fashioned way: I invite all my neighbors over for dinner, then afterwards I kill them and take their land."

haha thats so true :p

and i thought of card to turkey too...but i dont think my mom would be too thrilled hehe..

as for storage cases for your various cards/props:

do you really need all your cards? unless your bringing trick decks such as the invisible deck or svengali deck, id say just bring maybe 2 or 3 decks? if you are planning on staying for a super long time, then i dunno how many you wanna bring but thats just what i think.

if you bring them in a backpack or something then they'll be fine in there.
for panic:just stick your "special cards" into another deck without the jokers i guess.
for distortion, you might want to put the gimmick into the bag that it came with and stick it in between the pages of a book. i have a small, card sized, metal case that origanally had green tea bags in it ;) plus i cut an envelope down to size for extra protection :D

well, i hope this info helped you..

happy thanksgiving!!
-Joe.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
haha thats so true :p

and i thought of card to turkey too...but i dont think my mom would be too thrilled hehe..

as for storage cases for your various cards/props:

do you really need all your cards? unless your bringing trick decks such as the invisible deck or svengali deck, id say just bring maybe 2 or 3 decks? if you are planning on staying for a super long time, then i dunno how many you wanna bring but thats just what i think.

if you bring them in a backpack or something then they'll be fine in there.
for panic:just stick your "special cards" into another deck without the jokers i guess.
for distortion, you might want to put the gimmick into the bag that it came with and stick it in between the pages of a book. i have a small, card sized, metal case that origanally had green tea bags in it ;) plus i cut an envelope down to size for extra protection :D

well, i hope this info helped you..

happy thanksgiving!!
-Joe.

Ah, that actually helped! I'm staying for 10 days, so I'll bring one deck of each Guardian editions, Invisible Deck, and maybe one or 2 other special-ungimmicked decks.
As for storage, you totally just reminded me that I have a little metal tin that would protect both Panic and Distortion perfectly!
Thank you!

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Thanks avancer-i know my weeks going to be great.

And It seems like you already found your solution to transporting gimmicks and cards.
I usually put decks wrapped up in a shirt at the top of my bag or suitcase (and one in my pocket...).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results