The Academy of Magical Arts/Magic Castle Membership Advice

Jun 13, 2013
Hello friends!

I have been observing these forums from the outside for quite a while, but have come across a scenario that I have no doubt some of you all may be able to provide advice / recommendations on. A brief introduction of myself... I am a 29 year old magician out of Ventura, CA, who has been in love with the magical arts for over 15 years. My fondest memories are of receiving my first magic kit as a kid (Merlin's set with all the classics), and the joy of sharing the astonishment and excitement of magic with my friends and family. I consider myself an active hobbyist, as I am always reading, practicing, and purchasing new material, but do not perform in any professional/paid capacity.

Bringing us to current day, I have always dreamed of becoming a member of The Academy of Magical Arts/Magic Castle. Having been able to enjoy the experience of visiting the castle on a couple of occasions, I was instantly drawn into how magical the environment was, and how well it does of bridging the gap between magicians, and laymen alike, while producing an incredibly inviting experience. Seeing that the stars have aligned on my end from a personal life / financial stand-point, I had the idea of reaching out to The Academy of Magical Arts and inquire on the magician membership process. From this initial inquiry, I was provided with the application as well as other supporting information / requirements. Not having any present contacts with existing members, I am running into a roadblock of which I was hoping I could obtain some advice / recommendations on. The membership application seems to require both a member sponsorship, as well as a number of member references. What is the suggested / expected way to go about obtaining these signatures, given the lack of personal connections? Any guidance or advice that you may provide to a young aspiring magician is very much appreciated.

I thank you in advance for taking the time to read this, as well as for any insight that you may be willing to share.

Warm regards,

Wesley

Ah, the AMA. If that's a place you want to belong to then it can be done. Networking is probably your best bet. Attend conventions, go to SAM and IBM meetings. Meet and befriend others, and it shouldn't be long before you've got enough signatures to process the application.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results