The "Art" of Magic

Jan 1, 2009
Poway, CA
The art of magic. Magic is an art. The art of illusion. Sometimes it seems we throw that phrase around a lot and it seems to happen so much, I wonder if people even really know what that means, the art of magic. The beautiful thing of art is it is different for different people. It means something special to each individual. Magic is an art form, we know that, but what does that mean for us? I want to challenge the theory11 community to post what is it that makes magic an art to them. We'll all have different opinions and some will have similar thoughts, that's beautiful.

Jul 10, 2008
The performer makes magic art, as magic is a performance art. It's poor performers who make magic come across as a trick. If some one asks me to perform a trick for them, I politely decline and tell them I will instead perform for them an illusion. I don't want to be a trickster. When I perform I want them to see the seemingly impossible become possible in an artistic way.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
the art of magic is when we take cards and stick them to a wall and make a wonderful piece of art. then we make it dissappear and appear in a search bar, where you should go look for steerpikes thread cause that is just a good reading.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
The reason people are going apeshait about this, is mainly because a well known - scrath that. the infamous Steerpike has already beaten this topic down to a pulp.

check it out here. Alot of rising intelectual debating, as well as the mindblowingly idiotic jibjab which plagues this forum ;)

Gustav

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results