The Art of Sleight of Hand by Jay Sankey

Sep 22, 2007
WOW... This dvd is excellent. if you could buy one dvd this year, i recomend buying this.

ARTWORK/EDITING 3/4

Ok. The artwoork, i gotta say, was excellent. the front and back cover was actually wellmade. i know this isnt ver improtant but i was so impressed with it. but the editing was poor. very poor. this was the thingt hat really ruined it. you can clearlly tell that it wasnt looked at at all. they have a simple fade in image of the credits and title. and they didnt even bother to fix the sound. so i give this topic a 3/4

SOUND/LIGHT 3/4

not looking so cool yet. the light and sound was buggin me the ENTIRE TIME. it was like whatchign a theory11 dvd. it was poor quality light and sound. the entire time, it got fuzzy and went back. that annoys the edited out of me. and the whole time, you could hear the camera rolling and it was fuzy sound and all. so this wasnt excellent either. but it gets a 3/4

QUESTIONS/INTERVIEWS 4/4

ok. this was a great part of it. the questions were weird. they fit my mind. i have thought of these questions once before. all the magicians were really personal. but i know these questions arnt juyst me. i am possitive that these will fit everyones personality and style. thats what this dvd touched mainly on. if you do closeup,stage,street, thater ect. it goes into the greatest detail on each of these topics. and with all the opinions and facts, they work. so this got 4/4(i would give it a 10/4 if i could)

THE MAGICIANS 3/4

Ok. some of these magicians really botherd me. personally, the most annoying one was david peck. he was bragging in a way of how good he is and he tries to be funny and its not. he says that hes so good because he can practice his sleights in the car while hes driving. one of my most favorite on this dvd, was bill malone. he(and everybody else) had great style. but what i found was that there wasnt much sankey. it was mostlly bill malone and wij. wij has GREAT style. I really liked him. i didnt catch any of his sleights in his escellent chop cup routine. but one of the best performances i saw here was mike skutts sponge ball routine. he eats sponge balls one ata time and they fall out his back. then he eats them all in once and he spits out a giant sponge ball. an di like allan nackans crazy amans handcuffs patter ad nperformance. great part of the dvd. 4/4

OVERALL 4/4

yes. it did get some bad reviews, but thats little tiny dumb things. so i give it overall a 4/4 lol.

EFFECTS 4/4

PRIVATE PROPERTY 3/4

well. i know hoiw this trikc is done, but i have a very tiny budget. if you REALLY want to get it and be able to perform it the next day, buy the official trick on ebay. he only gives you one of each gaff. adn he doesent supply pencil, post it notes, or other gimmick needed to preform this. its a major part of it. but the effect is escellent and method is even better. it should only take about 10 minutes to setup and make a great case. you can keep all your cards in this deck as well. but dont put your fingers ont he front and press lol.

LOCOMOTION 4/4

I am definetlly performing this on thanksgiven adn all my other shows. its so amazing even when you use such a basic sleight. its not a magician fooler, but why would you want to fool a magician. but its such a great tric. in my opinion, better than distortion. you touch the pip of a chosen card and just move it across the card. its such a great trick. and the gaff card is noticablly thicker than a normal bicycle card which is great. but it makes the major sleight harder to do but thats minor. a definet 4/4

THE INSTRUCTIONS 4/4

the instructions are great for these 2 cards. you get a nice this sheet of instructions which surroudn the envelope that your gimmicks scome in. its nice and thich. the paper is really big and the print is nice and easy to see since my eys arnt so wonderful. but they are good. and they have pictures(which arent so easy to see) and thye are hard ro understand. but i would get this dvd just for these 2 tricks(which is why i did)

ok. so thanks fro reading my reveiw and taking interest in it. since you read this and took the interest in reading the entire thing, you are going to like this dvd. you read the whole thing so you want this and im sure of that. but be sure to save up about 5 extra dollars after buying this since you are going to need some stuff to make the gaff card case fro private property. im making mine tomarow after school. thanks!

Mark Tirone

" there is no need to try to be a great sleight of hand artists. most sleight of handn shound be performed in misdirection" wij

"when you walk up to an audience, there arnt any rules. be yourself and only bring yourself and humor" Jay Sankey

"there is no need to learn a pass. but to be able to, really makes you feel good about being a sleight of hand artist and really improves your confidence and performancees" richard sanders

"mirrors are the real work to performing" ray chance

"being able to feel good at a sleight and your perspective towards a sleight, really changes the whole experience for yourself and the spectatores" mike skutt

"dont overlook looks and just be yourself" allan nacking

"dont tey to imitate anybody, dont be someone else, just be you when you perform" bill malone

''performing a perfect sleight, will take a lifetime. its nearlly impossible. you are always studdyeing that sleight" colin bartelling

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results