The BEST Books in ALL of Magic

Sep 6, 2010
Hi everybody! I was wondering what your favorite magic books are. I will start of by naming a few of my favorites, and then you can add onto the list!

Here are 2 of my favorites:

Totally Out of Control by Chris Kenner

Stars of Magic (various people)

tjf

May 23, 2009
I'd say Paul Harris's Art of Astonishment series is one of my favorites. I also liked 'Simon Says' by Simon Lovell.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Fellas...there was a huge must read thread posted awhile back by Raiker. It lists every book and puts them in categories. I'll look for the link buy I am at work still so if someone finds it post it up. Thanks in advance.

Jan 21, 2010
For now I'll contribute my two favorites, Modern Coin Magic and By Forces Unseen. I look forward to taking a look at that thread when it's found though.

Aug 28, 2010
until that post goes up Id like to mention on a technical level "expert card technique" by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue! I bought it years ago and still find myself re-learning great stuff every time I open it! as for a more psychological level "building blocks" by Luke Jermay! GREAT stuff in that one! and while its not a magic book, "Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H. Erickson, M.D.Vol. I" by Richard Bandler and John Grinder!! anyone reading this that likes the work of Derren Brown...READ THIS BOOK!! I could name tons more but at the moment these are some of my personal favorites...

Jun 10, 2010
I don't think they're definitive, end-all be-all books, but you can't go wrong with Jennings and Cervon. Vernon did well by them, it's obvious from their material. That being said:

Classic Magic of Larry Jennings (Mike Maxwell) - Jennings
Jennings '67 (Richard Kaufman) - Jennings
Hard-Boiled Mysteries (Stephen Minch) - Cervon

Also, Arthur Buckley's "Card Control" and Scarne's "Scarne on Card Tricks" are good. The Scarne book just has lots of contributors, however - most of it isn't his.

Aug 31, 2007
Definitely check out the link that Rick popped up there. One of my personal favorites is The Tangled Web by Eric Mead. It's a fantastic read if anyone is interested.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results