The BEST DECK OF CARDS in the WORLD!

Cards, cards, and more cards. Boy do we have cards! Tigers,vipers,ghosts,guardians,master’s,1800’s,blue bikes, red bikes, the list keeps growing!
So, here is the question: What are the best cards to us for general magic?

Some of you have already gave an in your head answer as you read this. Some of you have said this deck is best, or that deck is best. I say none, and all are best.
I am of the opinions that if your magic depends on a certain type of deck, then you may as well stick with stripper decks and Svengalis. You my friend are stuck on deck dependency and you need rehab.
Let’s face it; they’re a few card sleights that anyone who calls himself a magician should know. You should be able to effectively execute these sleights with the rattiest, over-used, tattered, and slam wore out deck of cards.
If you cant, I urge you to save a deck until it is in the worst shape it could get in, then practice with it.
There are huge benefits to this method of practice. Once you spend a few days with your “crappy deck” then go to a new deck, it is like driving an old truck with no power steering, then jumping into a new BMW on a newly paved road. Everything you do is quicker, and cleaner.
A few moths back I was in Tennessee on a promotional deal with a “Beverage Manufacturer”. I had to use cards with their logo on them ( bikes with a logo instead of a rider-back). One guy at a bar insisted they were trick cards. “Can you do that with MY cards?” he asked. “Of course I can” was my reply. He dug out a deck of “mavericks” that had to be 3 years old. It was like holding individually separated sheets of toilet paper in my hand. I still managed to do a riffle force. I saved face, and made a believer out of a skeptic. Take the time to practice with a carppy deck. Sooner or later, you will thank me for it.

Curtis “Miles of Magic”
P.S. The best deck to use is the deck in your hands.

Sep 1, 2007
Good post. Being able to do something with crappy cards is essential.

Personally, I prefer standard fan back tally-ho cards.

Practicing with an old deck is a good idea!
I only use Bicycle while working new routine or doing a close-up session. I like working with Ghost cards or with Black tiger...It's different from other magicians and people have never seen this cards before. In fact, in France, people don't know Bicycle cards. Neither Tally-ho or Bee!

Sep 1, 2007
my favourite deck are tigers from E and i will tell you why. I started using them more often so thath my friends got used to seeing them and didn't think hey were trick cards, this is because i got loops and needed darker cards so the loops were masked. you could use vipers etc.. but i also have the tiger gaff deck so it all works out

Sep 4, 2007
while ghosts and tigers and all custom decks are awesome, im a big fan of a blue masters, because specs simply cant accept how a ghost looks, also my favorite effect is 2cm, and if i use black and white cards (ghost, tigers) the black acces dont contrast the red # cards as well.. just my thought

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
I love using tally's.. I order a dozen decks at a time from a place online.. they're under $2 a deck when you order them by the dozen. Sometimes I don't get them in on time for a performance so Bikes are my backup. I do like the limited edition decks but only to look at.

I stick with my Tally's and Bikes

First its good to see you Miles of A Magic on Tll forums its DEADGHOST from E. I use the same deck for about a month which is usually a set of Masters and I love them broken in. Keeping your hands clean and washed before handling and not putting them down on tables without a mat and most of all dropping them on the ground help me preserve my cards. I think masters is the way to go and it saves you money in the long run. I also enjoy using regular cards due to not making people suspicious since mostly I seem to know everyone in my area and they never ask to see my cards cause I have built that trust and I would like to keep it that way.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
I know that a lot of people go through decks very often. My hands are not desert dry, nor are they ocean sweat, but my decks last until I do Voodoo Zone or Torn with the last few cards ^_^

as far as new or broken in.. depends on the trick for me

Aug 31, 2007
If there was a "best deck in the world", all other brands will go bankrupt.

Obviously every deck has its qualities and everyone has preferences.

Cards age like fine wine.

- harapan. magic!

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
If there was a "best deck in the world", all other brands will go bankrupt.

Obviously every deck has its qualities and everyone has preferences.

Cards age like fine wine.

- harapan. magic!

Apparently there was, but then they stopped making them.

Cards are cards. I prefer using red bikes, because it suits my ID. I also really like the look of the ghosts, and will most likely be ordering some guardians soon.

But yes, cards are cards. It's really what (and how) you do with them that counts.

Ty

Sep 2, 2007
I was in the band room in my old high school just the other day, and some kids were playing speed with these old, thin, bent-up paper cards with Jolley Rogers on the backs and asked me to do magic with them. When I took them, I realized that they stuck together like hell, and were a general nightmare to work with. Passes, DL's, etc. were alright, but anything that required cards sliding (fanning, spreading the deck out, some color changes) was next-to impossible. I did my ACR, then walked away and immediately pulled out my bikes, just to hold them.

Still, I pulled off my ACR and some ace stuff without any problems, and handed the deck back. You're right. It's important to be able to work with crappy cards, because if you're borrowing a deck you never know what condition it's going to be in.

I love using tally's.. I order a dozen decks at a time from a place online.. they're under $2 a deck when you order them by the dozen. Sometimes I don't get them in on time for a performance so Bikes are my backup. I do like the limited edition decks but only to look at.

I stick with my Tally's and Bikes

Where is this? I've never bought tally's cause they're $3.50 at our magic shop here, so kinda pricey. If I could get a case cheap I'd love to find out what all the fuss is about though.

Thanks,
Evan

Sep 2, 2007
you guys are lucky! bikes over here are 5.10 at zellers, and 4.95 at walmart, for ONE DECK!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results