The BEST Deck

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
I have a pretty decently sized card collection for an enthusiast of both magic and cardistry. I wanted your opinion of what the best deck for cardistry and flourishing in general. Here's what I'm looking for. Choose what you think the #1 best deck is. I want to see what you guys think, I may go searching for the decks you guys recommend.

May 24, 2015
I'm curious to hear about the best decks for fanning as well. I'm trying to learn the one handed fan and the thumb fan right now. I know I need to practice but my Bee's and my Dragon back Bicycle decks are just not cutting it.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
As far as best quality deck goes. You could put all the Theory11 decks on a dartboard, blindfold yourself and throw a dart. That would be your best deck.

As far as aesthetic goes. I'm actually serious when I say this; I really don't like back designs on cards. I can go further into it, but that's a different discussion altogether.
My favorite to flourish with, and I just bought 10 of them; Bicycle double blank decks

Mar 7, 2015
I think Bicycle Rider Backs or Standards. They are comfortable in the hands, they fan really good, and they are cheap.
Not the best, but in my top 3.

Reactions: ChristopherR2

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
In terms of handling, nothing beats the feel of cards from the old Cincinnati press. Blue seal Tallys and Split Spades Lions both handle beautifully. However, they are really hard to get ahold of now, so It's not a practical practice deck. Probably my favorite deck of all time is the 1st edition Smoke and Mirrors, but they sell for over $100 a deck now.

I'll also second the vote of the Virts deck and Copper Rarebits. Both handle well and look great!

Reactions: ChristopherR2
Dec 28, 2016
The bikes are good. They fan very nicely. Although, they'll start to get a little bit clumpy after a few hours of usage. I really want a deck that fans nicely all the time without having to use fanning powder. Is there any deck like that?

May 3, 2016
The bikes are good. They fan very nicely. Although, they'll start to get a little bit clumpy after a few hours of usage. I really want a deck that fans nicely all the time without having to use fanning powder. Is there any deck like that?
Try fournier 605s, they're made entirely different, so maybe they're what you're looking for. Keep in mind that they have to be broken in for best fanning, and they can also be cleaned when they are dirty to make them fan better.

Jun 13, 2013
I'd say that my top three favorite decks thus far are:

Ellusionist's Viper Deck
D&D's Steamboat
David Blaine's Gold Gator Backs

Ellusionist's Viper Deck is very durable and holds up to a lot of play (I'm still using the same deck that I bought three years ago). With that said, it is thicker. D&D's Steamboat deck is the best for it's old fashioned finish and is also quite durable (the stripper version is amazing, which they no longer sell unfortunately). Though, the cards do tend to keep their shape easily if bent. David Blaine's new deck (released just this last month), is extremely slick, aesthetically gorgeous, faros beautifully, and the QS can be used for an impromptu forced Gypsy Queen routine.

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
The best deck for flourishing is the Red JAQK Cellars deck. I know this is an opinion but this deck is top 3 from T11 and top 3 for best deck ever.

May 3, 2016
I'd say that my top three favorite decks thus far are:

Ellusionist's Viper Deck
D&D's Steamboat
David Blaine's Gold Gator Backs

Ellusionist's Viper Deck is very durable and holds up to a lot of play (I'm still using the same deck that I bought three years ago). With that said, it is thicker. D&D's Steamboat deck is the best for it's old fashioned finish and is also quite durable (the stripper version is amazing, which they no longer sell unfortunately). Though, the cards do tend to keep their shape easily if bent. David Blaine's new deck (released just this last month), is extremely slick, aesthetically gorgeous, faros beautifully, and the QS can be used for an impromptu forced Gypsy Queen routine.
I've been wanting to try all of those decks but, you know, money.

Reactions: Mark B.(29)
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results