The Cannibal Kings

Feb 17, 2008
hey guys, i'm pretty sure this was brought up before, but i cant find the thread. There was a question before about routines, where someone responded with a possiblity of doing the cannibal kings/cannibal cards trick (not sure of the correct name or the artist), but can anyone tell me where i can get/learn this trick? If your afraid about exposure just send it to my pm.
thanks-ryan

Sep 1, 2007
There's many versions of the Cannibal Cards out there. Card College vol 3 has a version and would be my first choice to look at first, simply because the rest of the book is so fantastic as well. You can also find thoughts on it in Wesley James' "Enchantments" - again, a fantastic book overall - Larry Jennings' "Thoughts on Cards" DVD has a version which seems pretty good and I would also recommend Bill Malone's version on his latest set of DVDs (Here I Go Again) - I think its volume two, but it would be best to check first! I like Malone's version as it is very simple in its construction and very clean. This version is also worth watching as it is performed in front of an audience, which helps to put it in context.

Sep 5, 2007
Cyprus
i would recomend Larry Jennings - thoughts on cards...

Routines performed and explained:
Cannibal Kings, Sucker Punch, Oil & Water, Card Up Spectator’s Sleeve, Tips on the Top-Card Cover Pass, Tips on The Gambler’s Cop, Aces for Experts, Outstanding Triumph, Nothing Yet Aces Four, Twisting the Aces with a Twist, Flawed Transposition, LarRoy Reverse, Estimated Toss, Deck to Pocket, and Single Cup & Ball,

Larry Jennings was one of the true masters of the art

Dec 5, 2007
Indiana, USA
can't mention cannibal cards without talking about the Chris Kenner version from Magic Man Examiner and Out of Control. It uses the 4 for 4 switch, which is excellently taught by Chris in the 1 on 1 videos. I performed it for several years at Illusions Restaurant, but Chris taught me a different add on at the time because I wasn't comfortable yet with the 4 for 4 switch.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Lazarus is right, 'Chris Kenner's' Cannibal Kings effect is called Diet and can be found in his book Totally Out of Control. It plays out very well and is entertaining to watch and perform.

My partner has 'Guy Hollingworth's' Drawing Room Deceptions and within that book is an effect entitled Cannibal Cards. In which 4 Kings devour 4 Aces, however at the end, the Aces teach the kings a lesson of 'you are what you eat' and you are left with only 4 aces; everything stays in full view and you're left clean. :D It's really good to watch!!!

- Sean

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Session by Joshua Jay has a great Cannibal effect that I use all the time... although you will have to make some serious alterations to your deck to do it, but it will last you forever, and I personally think it's worth it. Check out my review for Session if you're interested.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I would not incorporate Joel Given's (session) cannibal cards into a routine as it is a routine, a good one to incorporate is Chris Kenner's Diet from TOOC. http://geniimagazine.com/kaufman/store/html/71.html
His routine has the 4 kings eat 2 cards and then change in to 4 other cards. I find I perform that much more then Given's routine. There are many other versions, though. Eugene burger has a nice one involving lapping on his L&L DVD Mystical Voyages...

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Actually, you would have to do a deck switch, but this would be a killer closer, and it would be impossible for you to do anymore because the deck has a huge bite missing from it. With some misdirection (deck switch), this could be great to work into the end of your routine. And if you have WAAAY too much free time, you could give the deck to your spectators as a souvenir every once in a while. But that would include ruining a deck every single time you perform it, instead of just once.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results