The Cardistry Contest

hey everyone i hope this question doesn't sound to stupid but in the article they stated this " We're looking for overall quality, originality, creativity, and videos that just plain stand out." does the originality part mean we won't win if we use use flourishes taught by dan and dave or any other popular flourishing instructors. Like they want to see something they have never seen before?

Oct 6, 2007
Although I'm not a real 'floursiher', I've been in this art long enough to know a trhing or two...I guess.

What they mean by 'origninality' is not neccesarily showing your own, created flourishes, although that would definately be a standout thing to do. They mean that you ahve your own flair, your own style. That the video is not like a replica of one of Dan and Dav'es Jam sessions.

The video and it's contents should be unique, and have each flourishers style.

Just my 2 cents.

Sep 19, 2007
London, England
Well lets look at it this way.

Dan and Dave see each other doing their own moves all the time, and see everyone else doing them as well. So will they be that impressed by them?

So if ur really gonna stand out, you gotta do something different.

I mean if you ate the same food say in day out eventually youd get sick of it, its the same with flourishing. :)

Sep 2, 2007
They're implying that you do something diffrent. Don't just do flourishes standing in front of your camera, do something different

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results