The Categories of Cardistry

Discussion in 'Cardistry & Flourishing Forum' started by Da_Vinci1, Sep 19, 2017.

1. I've been working on a video project about the categories of Cardistry and would like some input from other Cardist. What do you consider the main categories of Cardistry? Since card flourishes are incredibly diverse, feel free to specify the main categories and the sub categories. Here's what I have so far(I'm categorizing flourishes by movement):
    Cuts
    One handed
    Two handed
    Twirls
    Aerials
    Fans/ Spreads

One handed
    Isolations
    Displays
    Shuffles

p.s. I'm having trouble finding a name for card flourishes that have a big motion(Spring, anaconda, waterfall, cascade etc.)

lecardcollector likes this.
  2. You've got a pretty full list here, the only thing I didn't see was false flourishes. Maybe throw them in if you'd like.

3. Thanks, do have any idea for my post script question?

4. Updated:
    Cuts
    One handed
    Two handed
    False Cuts
    Twirls
    Aerials
    Fans/ Spreads

One handed
    Two handed
    Isolations
    Displays
    Shuffles

False Shuffles

p.s. What would I call a flourish with one deck, like a deck flip or knuckle spin?

5. Deck Twirls?

6. I agree with Maaz, probably deck twirls. Or just full deck flourishes.

7. One thing you could add to that is fidget moves. You see them more and more so I think it deserves a categorie ;)

Kayne629 likes this.
  8. What exactly is a fidget move?

9. There is also packet cuts, which stay as packets throughout the cut,
    regular cuts could have one card peel outs and random card splits in the middle

10. Fidget moves are like flirt, prince charming, racoon, OH flirt, that type of stuff, you could also include pirouette and paddidle

11. There is also "Drops"
    like card spring, dribble, waterfall, anaconda, buzzsaw, under pressure? (thats also a fan)
    and also faro drops
    Waterwheel, friffle, cascade, ripple, Ora, and bunch of others

12. Judo flip is both a oh cut and fidget move imo