The Chills

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Just a new video I recently got up. I haven't uploaded any real magic so I decided to film a little something.

Here's a little info about what I performed.

The first effect is an old impromptu Haunted Deck effect that I have been revamping for a while. The original method is very good, but I'm trying to make it fit my style a bit more.

The second effect is an Inversion routine that has been in the works for a very very long time. I purposely did not include the entire routine as I am planning on releasing a performance video in the near future and don't want to spoil it for anyone yet. Although there may be a little something hidden in the video that points somewhere... complete. Figure it out for yourselves!

Enjoy!

Vimeo
Youtube

David

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Man isnt that the haunted pack from justin miller, the "moving"? I saw it from him, I think he learned it somewhere else, but my question is, is it the same move?

I really liked the inversion thingy, I saw it at stickam the other day I love it man

Aris

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Loved that inversion phase David. Wicked awesome. :D

The haunted deck... eh, didn't do it for me. It just happened a bit too fast, I love Brown's Haunted Deck but... I feel it's best done slow, otherwise it looks like you're doing... well, exactly what you're doing.

But yeah, loved the Inversion.

- Sean

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I actually preferred the haunted deck to the inversion phase. Although the workings of the inversion phase eluded me, the visual nature of the actual effect left me a little cold. As an aside, inversion is one of my top five favourite plots.

I quite liked the impromptu Haunted deck though, looked really nice, although Rafster's right, it could have stood to be a little slower.

All in all- pretty nice!

CL

I worked out an identical method for the haunted deck last year, though left it as it depended alot of the deck condition, and thought the handling is not the most deceptive thing in the world. Glad it works for you, I wouldn't be surprised if you find many magicians thought of the same method.

Loved the second effect.

Cheers,

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I have the feeling that the haunted pack i performed is different than the one you guys are talking about. I did learn a haunted pack recently by Derren Brown, but I found the method a bit too obvious in some conditions. Not to mention the deck had to be in a certain condition.

The effect I'm currently working is based off of the same principle, but uses a much smaller and more simple method. It was actually proposed to me by a good friend, and I tried it and it worked very well. An upside is the deck can be in almost any condition to do my version.

David

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results