The Classic Pass

May 14, 2009
I have been into magic for about 3 years and through that time had no motivation to learn the classic pass. Now, I want to. So, can anyone point me in the direction of a book or dvd that teaches the pass?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I have been into magic for about 3 years and through that time had no motivation to learn the classic pass. Now, I want to. So, can anyone point me in the direction of a book or dvd that teaches the pass?

Erdnase,of course. Download it either for free(which is perfectly legal) or buy it from borders,barnes and nobles or online magic shop.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I already have that book! Guess I never thought about it.

Haha oh wow dude.Same thing happened to me. I had a great effect I completely forget about for months.
But yeah start with that. Then use the search function and there are a butt load of references to where to continue on from there. Though I feel thats enough.

Apr 28, 2008
classic pass looking for on the pass by koofman

just look that dvd "on the pass" to learn the most beautifull work richard koofman

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
once you get the basic idea of how the pass works, its really up to you to come up with the best way of making it invisible to you.
or at least that's what happened for me, i just played around with it for months, ;and finally figured out the best handling .
Its one of those moves i dont think it has an absolute perfect handling.

I started off with ninja from E, big mistake.
But i did learn some fundamentals of the move

Oct 27, 2009
Philippines
Uhm, no need to invest for this move, really.

Just know how its basically done, then practice everyday like its your last.

Edit: Try top cover pass too, it rocks.

LukeDancy

theory11 artist + consultant, Criss Angel MindFrea
Sep 18, 2007
Las Vegas
Some of the best advice I was given is to try and hold the cards softly when doing the move. When you grip the deck tightly and riffle off a pass people will know you are doing something. The top card cover pass is something I rarely see people do but the soft touch works especially nice here.

Remember these are sleights we are doing secretly...not to show off our skills. I don't care about the side steal debate or anything else. There really is no substitute for the pass. Then again...I'm a pass junkie.

l u k e

Oct 27, 2009
Philippines
Some of the best advice I was given is to try and hold the cards softly when doing the move. When you grip the deck tightly and riffle off a pass people will know you are doing something. The top card cover pass is something I rarely see people do but the soft touch works especially nice here.

Remember these are sleights we are doing secretly...not to show off our skills. I don't care about the side steal debate or anything else. There really is no substitute for the pass. Then again...I'm a pass junkie.

l u k e

Seconded, riffle passes are supposed to be handled with care.

But for classic passes - which doesn't have a 'decent cover' - you may, if you wish, use a little bit of force. My friends classic pass is almost invisible, he told me that it's purely speed. EDIT: S.W.E Shift uses pure speed too. :D

But for riffle passes, top covers and the likes, follow luke's advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 14, 2009
Gary Plants and Steve Draun have excellent work on the pass.. Ron Bauer does as well.

Check out my budyd chris, his pass is flawless..

youtube.com/tramlaw1106

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results