The D&D system and Trilogy REVIEW

Oct 6, 2007
Ok first off I give the utmost repect to D&D for their revolutionary floruishing and card magic thank you for rasing the bar.
ok first my review of the system. I have to say I was definatly dissapionted not cuz of the floruishes but of the over teaching method of the acual fourishes they acually spoke and taught you how to do it on the 2000 home video and not even all the floruishes are in that I thought that looping the tricks in slow motion was the worst sometimes you cant even see what they are doing floruishes is a very complicated art and you have to know exactly where every finger needs to be at a certian point in time overall I would give the system 7 out of ten strictly cuz of the horrible teaching but awesome awesome techniques.

The triglogy however I think they relized this and in the flourishes they acually have text and telling you what to do a lot better than the system but still lacking, things couldve been explained more throughly on this disc but the floruishes were again awesome and I think they couldve put a few more on there as far as the tricks every trick on there is badass and is explained well and throughly the teaching is definatly better on this disk as far as everything else this is a valuble tool ass well. overall I give the trilogy a 9 out of 10

and i definatly welcome everyone to share your opionions and views of this topic

:'( This week has been a sad week, I lost 2 discs from the Trilorgy, The only disc I have left is the Flourshing one. I dont know what happened to them :'(

Anyway, Trilorgy is great, Hopefully with the 2nd Edition the Jones Change will be taught right this time.

Cheers, Tom

Oct 12, 2007
Sydney, Australia
What's this home video you guys are talking about? I own the Trilogy and I want the System, but I am a little dubious about the scrutiny it is getting from everyone I know as well as you guys. So is this home video you're talking about something that is available and commonly purchasable instead of the System? And if so, where can you buy it?

What's this home video you guys are talking about? I own the Trilogy and I want the System, but I am a little dubious about the scrutiny it is getting from everyone I know as well as you guys. So is this home video you're talking about something that is available and commonly purchasable instead of the System? And if so, where can you buy it?

The home video is db2's first video they ever shot, called Pasteboard Anime. It's on The System as a bonus.

J.

Sep 1, 2007
Malaysia
What i wanna ask is why do theory 11 need to sell Trilogy in downloadable format ? As what i know so far , there is lots of people post those magic video at certain sites or torrent . For etc there is E products that been posted up because it's downloadable . Sorry if i seems offended , hope i do get some relevant information . Thanks .

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
What i wanna ask is why do theory 11 need to sell Trilogy in downloadable format ? As what i know so far , there is lots of people post those magic video at certain sites or torrent . For etc there is E products that been posted up because it's downloadable . Sorry if i seems offended , hope i do get some relevant information . Thanks .
Probably for those who can't afford the whole thing. ...and I'm sure you would know about torrenting..>.>

L

Liam Carrie

i guess its all a matter of personal taste. i loved the system it rocked. the teaching was a bit difficult but thats what a dvd's for to watch it over and over again and if you missed something just look at it from a different angle

Oct 27, 2007
Salisbury, NC
The stuff on Triology are too advance for me. I am going to let this DVD sit in my box of Magic DVD's. Will pick it up later if I ever improve my cardmanship.

Extreme Beginnerz has a lot of stuff that I could do.

Also have Jerry's big black encyclopedia of card flourishes which has taught me some stuff as well.

Would like to see more videos out there that teach easier card flourishes and cuts.

I realize that there is a need for advance cardmanship such as Triology, but it would be nice if there were more DVD's on simple cardmanship as well.

Thank you :D

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
i thought the bucks REALLY let me down in disc 2 (flourishing) of the trilogy
why cant they JUST teach flourishes using words?
system used slowmo, trilogy used pictures/video/captions
i thougt it sucked BIG time
At their Lecture in LA they taught a few floursihes with words, and it went wonderfully

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
i thought the bucks REALLY let me down in disc 2 (flourishing) of the trilogy
why cant they JUST teach flourishes using words?
system used slowmo, trilogy used pictures/video/captions
i thougt it sucked BIG time
At their Lecture in LA they taught a few floursihes with words, and it went wonderfully

I think that they tried to keep with their style of teaching with no words for flourishing. I think it helps more than hinders because you don't do any actual talking whn you are flourishing, and just slowing everything down works fine. In the System there is the special section where DnD teach some of their flourishes while talking, and I got just got confused. So it may be a matter of opinion, but I think teaching the flourishes without talking was the best way to do it.

//David.Misner::

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results