The effect I might have come up with

Aug 4, 2009
I'm not sure if this is original, but I did this last night at got probably the best/funniest reaction I've ever gotten.. just thought I'd share.. (I might make a video, but I've a lot going on right now)

I had the guy pick a card (riffle force style) and return it to the deck. I cut the deck and lit a Zippo and passed the edges of the deck through the flame.. spread through the deck and one card was burnt around the edges - his.

Then, had him pick another card (same way) and he put it in the middle of the deck. I put the deck back in the box and stood it upright.. lit t he Zippo and stole the flame off of it, then 'threw' the flame through the deck and 'caught' i on the Zippo. Going through the deck, one card had a hole burnt through the center - his.

His reaction - "Your a d***! F*** you! Go away, that didn't happen! You're f***ing with my... ... what the f***."

Don't know if the trick is original, but it's nice. There's no set up between tricks, too

Jun 1, 2009
it sounds kinda like wrath by daniel madison, and the ciggerette trick by daniel garcia, ( can't remember the name.) They seem to have the same concepts like your tricks. But nonetheless they both sound really cool. I would love to see a video of them in action.

Your boy,
Fez

Jan 10, 2008
That sounds incredible, I second that, I want to see a video myself. You say also there is no set-up... I have to see it!

Aug 4, 2009
That sounds incredible, I second that, I want to see a video myself. You say also there is no set-up... I have to see it!

there's no setup between the two tricks.. there's setup prior, but I keep a deck on my person just for that trick.. but the two tricks run seamlessly into each other.. It's nice when people see the first one and say 'if you do it again, would another card be burnt?'

Jul 25, 2009
I'm not sure if this is original, but I did this last night at got probably the best/funniest reaction I've ever gotten.. just thought I'd share.. (I might make a video, but I've a lot going on right now)

I had the guy pick a card (riffle force style) and return it to the deck. I cut the deck and lit a Zippo and passed the edges of the deck through the flame.. spread through the deck and one card was burnt around the edges - his.

Then, had him pick another card (same way) and he put it in the middle of the deck. I put the deck back in the box and stood it upright.. lit t he Zippo and stole the flame off of it, then 'threw' the flame through the deck and 'caught' i on the Zippo. Going through the deck, one card had a hole burnt through the center - his.

His reaction - "Your a d***! F*** you! Go away, that didn't happen! You're f***ing with my... ... what the f***."

Don't know if the trick is original, but it's nice. There's no set up between tricks, too

The same idea poped into my as I was reading this post. This sounds like a great trick to do along with carbon paper. you could (after you did your with the zippo) say
M "now I want you to show something else that happens with burnt cards"
S "ok"
M (proceed with carbon paper) "once a card is burnt on the back you can take the burn mark and move it where ever you want"
S "ok"
M (snap) " look at your card"
S " **** **** **** **** how did you do that? ****!

any ways just my thoughts on a potential routine.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I like the idea. I don't know if it's original or not, but interesting. Only thing I am not so sure about is the method of card selection, I guess it's been working well for you, but I felt like there could be a better way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results