The essential dai vernon and other classic magic books

Mar 25, 2018
I have recently bought the essential dai vernon from l and l publishing .. i am amateur magician from belfast and enjoy magic as a hobby and to show at get togethers, i cannot recommend this book enough .. i have had the dai vernon book of magic some time now and vernons cup and ball routine is a staple in my repetoire and friends and family like it .. i am a huge fan of vernon .. does any one else have the book and if so what are your feelings on it.. also i am studying the magic of slydini and his silk routine .. lewis gansons work is outstanding in our field .. you cant beat the classics of magic and these great figures who paved the way for us all .. let me know your thoughts and any other books that you are studying at the moment

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Those are both great books. Vernon's material is amazing and Slydini has a uniquely effective style. Right now, I've got Blomberg Laboratories and Marlo's Arcade dreams next to me for pleasure reading.

Reactions: Gerardini92
Mar 25, 2018
I alternate between these and the tarbell course .. i have around 100 books on magic .. also really like walter gibsons books and of course hugards work .. for my money if i had just the various books by these authors .. i would have a strong foundation and repetoire to amaze the rest of my life , however as you may know .. magic isnt something you can just stop buying as its an endless road to travel .. but every step of it is pure fun and never not enjoyable.. its infectious

Reactions: RealityOne
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results