"The Jinx Prediction" by Nicholas Siegel

Nicholas17

Elite Member
May 28, 2008
Kentucky
Check out my new effect on The Wire, The Jinx Prediction!

The performer sets aside three prediction cards to return to later. The spectator chooses four cards from the deck, and they are placed in a row on the table.

The spectator is told that one of the cards they chose is special, and they are asked to use their intuition to choose which one it is. They have a completely free choice among their four cards, and they have the opportunity to change their mind as many times as they like.

Once they've settled on one card, they look at what it is and are surprised to see that it matches the three predictions the performer set aside at the beginning to form a perfect four of a kind.

What's even better is the three cards they didn't choose are ALL revealed to be blank.

The performer ends clean and everything can be examined.

http://www.theory11.com/wire/nicholas-siegel/the-jinx-prediction/

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Let me start off by saying I do not known this and the method is obviously hidden within the camera cuts. However looking at your crediting I can assume which two moves you use and teach.

Whilst the misdirection is important especially with the Jinx move I think it is the justification which is more important. I would much rather see how you handle that part of the presentation.

If you want I will shoot you a PM discussing this more indetail.

Nicholas17

Elite Member
May 28, 2008
Kentucky
Of course you can send me a PM. This is one of those effects that relies on comfortable and natural misdirection, so I can't show it in full without camera cuts. However, there isn't too much else the spectator sees throughout the presentation if the performance is done well and confidently.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results