The Laser Deal Revealed on Youtube?

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
There's a video that was uploaded 2 days ago by ******* ********, completely revealing Lennart Green's Laser Deal. His explanation was garbage but is he seriously allowed to do this? He's also revealed Lennart Green's appearing beverage trick and the Green Shuffle as well, along with many others. I think he acquired a copy of Lennart Green's Masterfile and now he's just slowly revealing the tricks individually. I don't want to post any links to the videos, as that would be rather redundant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2010
Of course he has no permission from Mr.Green to reveal it.
The problem is, there is no copyright or patent for sleight of hand moves, just for the medium (you are not allowed to share media from other magicians without permission, or copying something word for word) or material/physical stuff.
Ethically, it is corrupt. It`s not illegal in law unfortunately.

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
As Chirs already said, it is not illegal (sadly), and you will find so much stuff on Youtube,
wich shouldn't be there.

It is really depressing, if you see how many people out there don't respect the art and the creations of others...

I don't know how people don't have a basic sense of respect or ethics for the art they claim to love. I've heard SOOOOOOO many excuses for why people "deserve" to reveal magic, and steal magic... and it all seems to get down to a sense of entitlement at the end of the day. My favorite of all time was some kid that said "Just because I can't afford to pay for it doesn't mean I'm not entitled to the same magic as everyone else.".

There you go. Entitlement mentality at its worst. Even though they can't pay for it, they still deserve it. No reason given; they just do. Because they exist.

You should totally do what I do and make a fake reveal video for these tricks. Every time he releases one, spoof it move for move, and just eff the whole thing up. Make sure you put "REAL VERSION" in the title lol...

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
I feel like the Laser Deal would make the perfect fake reveal video. You should make one, you've got the sense of humor for it.

"Alright, so the real secret is in the laser. Lennart lies to us all and wants us to believe it's sleight of hand, but don't buy any of that garbage. You need to steal one of these bad boys from an underground Russian arms manufacturer. Simply turn on the laser, and deal the cards into the beam. They should instantly vaporize on contact. You made have heard of the term "lapping"? Yeah, that's where you push all of the remaining playing card ashes off the table."

Aug 16, 2011
I feel like the Laser Deal would make the perfect fake reveal video. You should make one, you've got the sense of humor for it.

"Alright, so the real secret is in the laser. Lennart lies to us all and wants us to believe it's sleight of hand, but don't buy any of that garbage. You need to steal one of these bad boys from an underground Russian arms manufacturer. Simply turn on the laser, and deal the cards into the beam. They should instantly vaporize on contact. You made have heard of the term "lapping"? Yeah, that's where you push all of the remaining playing card ashes off the table."

But Rob needs to do the fake reveal dressed as Criss Angel haha.

"YOU'RE WELCOME!"

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hahah very good idea, I can see that perfectly.

"See, you mortals need a laser to perform these magics. I, Criss Angel, can do the same thing by simply staring at the cards."

Aug 25, 2012
What exactly is this forum doing about the issue.. I have to ask because I feel as this is a waste of space on the under the forums, this isn't the first time something that is copyright has been released on Youtube and it sure won't be the last.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Well, according to what these guys are saying, there is no copyright infringement in what this guy is doing. He's exposing the secrets to sold tricks but he isn't actually uploading Lennart Green's videos themselves. Unfortunately, there's nothing we CAN do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results