The Lefty Deck - first "left handed" deck produced by USPCC

May 9, 2009
WOW! :eek: That is ingenious! I'm not left-handed but the gaff possibilities..... I'm already formulating several routines. I am surely getting these despite the price tag!

Nov 1, 2007
I do wish that the idea had been sprouted from USPCC itself rather than through some magic store and marketed as, more or less, just another custom deck, though. Magic stores love their excessive profits.

Jun 10, 2009
Check your facts

Before you start complaining about some big "magic company" that's behind this deck and making "excessive profits" you may want to ACTUALLY visit the website and check out the facts. Maybe then whatever you say will have some validity rather than your uninformed ranting.

Alex_Pandrea

Creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#a
Sep 28, 2008
New York
figure it this way:

-we all like collecting decks of cards,
-it comes with 8 natural mirror image cards (the 8's and Aces, which just off the top of my head can be used for 10 routines)
-lefties can peak and fan woo hoo
-it also comes wit a full mirror ace of spades
-only 5,000 were made with the trademarked ace of spades logo and joker (who knows how long gaffing up those cards will last)

need i say more? is it worth the 6 bucks? umm i would say yes, but hey that's just me? lollll

alex^

Jun 8, 2009
Before you start complaining about some big "magic company" that's behind this deck and making "excessive profits" you may want to ACTUALLY visit the website and check out the facts. Maybe then whatever you say will have some validity rather than your uninformed ranting.
The profit is higher than with a regular deck. Not excessive, but still taking advantage of us lefties. Why not simply sell at the same price as a regular bicycle deck?

Jun 8, 2009
why dont people get the cards with pips on every corner, like the ones sold here on T11. Mabye they look ugly, or maybe they dont spread well. I don't know.
Isn't it obvious? It makes hiding pips when you need to much harder. Still, you need that for only a handful of effects...

Jul 14, 2008
Well, I am a lefty when it comes to card magic and so far, I am used to the bicycle deck right now. If they came up earlier, I would definitely buy it.

Sep 20, 2008
Lol, i can drive spectators mad with some colour changes, or like a Pip-matrix-Esque sort of effect.

Kick ass.

Ive had this idea in my head since I started magic. Im a righty but for some reason I a magic left hander. I didnt want to tell anyone so they dont steal my idea. Anyway I always wanted to make some up, but you know Im not Steve Jobs (Not Bill Gates) son. So yer.

_
J.

Oct 22, 2008
yah like a couple of people have said I am a lefty but I have been doing card magic for over like 3 years so ive sort of adapted to flourishing and doing tricks righty. But great idea. I would buy it maybe if it wasn't about 7 BUCKSS

Sep 9, 2007
Ahhh! What a great idea that lefties came up with fifty years ago.
But 6.25 USD? What are they thinking?

my thoughts exactly. Even with the gaffs it's a tough buy for me. Especially since it seems they're only coming out in red and I prefer blue backed bikes....

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2009
The profit is higher than with a regular deck. Not excessive, but still taking advantage of us lefties. Why not simply sell at the same price as a regular bicycle deck?

I happen to know the person who had brought these cards to market. He is a young magician who cares about his craft and the magic community as a whole. A lot of effort and a great deal of expense went into conception and creation of the cards. He had to get USPCC to agree to do it and you can be assured it was quite an investment. This is a genuine Bicycle deck and the ONLY one that is a true mirror image. Routines that have never been done before can be created and performed using a genuine Bicycle card. Imagine, for $6.25 (not 7 BUCKSS) how many unique routines can be done that couldn't be done before. How many "extras" are included in the deck? This deck was conceived with the magician in mind and not the purpose of "gouging" anyone. I know the passion the developer has for the magic community and his genuine effort to bring these decks into reality and do it at the lowest reasonable price that could be set. I would encourage anyone to go to www.leftydeck.com or www.newyorkmagicproject.com and find out more about the person behind these decks. I think then folks will be less inclined to criticize the price and to appreciate the opportunities that didn't exist until now.

Sep 9, 2007
I happen to know the person who had brought these cards to market. He is a young magician who cares about his craft and the magic community as a whole. A lot of effort and a great deal of expense went into conception and creation of the cards. He had to get USPCC to agree to do it and you can be assured it was quite an investment. This is a genuine Bicycle deck and the ONLY one that is a true mirror image. Routines that have never been done before can be created and performed using a genuine Bicycle card. Imagine, for $6.25 (not 7 BUCKSS) how many unique routines can be done that couldn't be done before. How many "extras" are included in the deck? This deck was conceived with the magician in mind and not the purpose of "gouging" anyone. I know the passion the developer has for the magic community and his genuine effort to bring these decks into reality and do it at the lowest reasonable price that could be set. I would encourage anyone to go to www.leftydeck.com or www.newyorkmagicproject.com and find out more about the person behind these decks. I think then folks will be less inclined to criticize the price and to appreciate the opportunities that didn't exist until now.

well, $6.25, then there's shipping (I know, not their fault, but people consider that when buying).

not to mention if you're ordering from out of country, shipping is even more AND then there's currency conversion. $6.25 USD is just under $7.00 canadian (6.94). Not such a big deal on one deck, but when i order, I order big (to make the shipping costs worthwhile).

so lets do the math for a brick...

+ .99 shipping (really awesome actually, I just saw this)
64.74 USD
x 1.10 conversion (actually the rate is pretty decent today too.)
71.8357 CAD

72/12 = 6 bucks a deck.... which isn't terrible, but that's still already after the 15% discount for buying a whole brick.

In retrospect, it isn't a bad value, but I couldn't imagine ever needing a whole brick of these. Then again, these would be more of a novelty since I'm not really a lefty. Maybe I'll buy a half brick. since shipping is so low.

I appreciate the effort though, it's good to see they were able to pool their resources and get this done.

Feb 6, 2009
I'm sorry but I hate the whole "left handed thing" I'm a lefty and quite simply you do not need a load of left handed cra*p to make life easier. Quit whining and get on with it and if you don't like it use your right hand. I learn my card magic right handed. Why? Because its easier. I don't just think this of cards either but most left handed junk in the world. It sound's awful but the benefits of these are absolutely minuscule. Do you think anybody really cares if you can see the indices when doing a sybil with 17 packets? Of course they don't. The only benefit I can really see is that it makes culling easier for a lefty but at the same times looses the only benefit of being a left handed magician which is you automatically spread the cards so that the specs can see the indices.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results