The Magician's Insurance Policy

Effect: A spectator select a card and either places it back inside the deck, or inside their pocket. The magician then reports some failures and cannot name the card, he then proceeds to pull out a pamphlet which is titled "Magician's Insurance Policy". He turns it over and reads what it says. There are 6 points, each of them gets hardy laughs. At the end of his reading, there is still no help about the card, but a post script stating "Continued Inside". The magician proceeds to open the pamphlet revealing a large picture of a playing card. It is not their card. The magician continues to open the pamphlet, revealing a larger picture of a playing card, which is not their card either. Then finally, opening the pamphlet to it's largest size, the magician shows them a picture of their card.

Review: I dug this out of my closet a while ago after cleaning my room. But boy, do I regret forgetting about this. If you want laughs and a great trick in one, then go for this. The insurance policy, in my mind, is the greatest piece of comedic magic out there. The reason why I love it is because it's just so random. I mean, who carries an insurance policy with them, especially an insurance policy. It is a great reveal and will guarantee laughs.

When I first performed this four years ago for a school variety show, everyone loved it. The simplicity and comedic factor of this trick makes it a true gem and a true classic of close up, parlour, and stage magic. I HIGHLY recommend it for any magician who wants to get some laughs in a performance!

Mitchell

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
i bought i think easy to card miricles 1 at a garage sale and saw this effect at the end i was laughing throughout. great trick but i didn't have it. So i made my own.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results