The one-handed Double Spring.

Nov 6, 2007
Has anyone ever heard of the card flourish or anything like it? It involves springing cards of the tips of fingers and the thumb at the same time.

The title of the move is VERY confusing. Where's the double part? I don't understand that. Just because you release with your thumb and fingers makes it a double spring? A real normal double spring is two springs done side by side very fast. This is accomplished by springing only half of the deck and then catching then springing the remaining half the deck. The normal one-handed spring is done upside down and the cards spring upwards and are caught in that same hand. I've never heard of a double variation of this and is probably too small to realize the springing nature.

The old footage is probably not De'vo.

http://www.superhandz.com/images/xtreme2wmv.wmv

At this link I believe it is Jerry Cestowski doing the one-handed spring cause he launches using the thumb with corner grip. De'vo does his by releasing from the fingers first.

I don't understand why people are so concerned about the method of springing. Do I launch from the thumb first? Do I launch from the fingers first? What about both as the same time? Get one fluid and see if you can get your hand following techniques in there to get the distance you want, I recommend thumb releasing first if you've never practiced springing before. If you're not getting the distance you want after a good amount of practice(a week or so) then look into different handlings if you think it'll help.

Nov 6, 2007
Well actually that's not really what the flourish I do is at all. Mine is quite diferent. But don't worry I'll post it in a couple days when I get hold of a camera. I believe it's a flourish I've invented.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
i dont' care what they call flourishes , but it is annoying to get an old, old, trick labelled "new" because people don't do the research. still, doubledecker is an extremely, er... creative... individual, and it may be he's got something new for us. however it's really unlikely given all the springs we've seen. DD, are you talking about bending the deck convex (out) rather than in, and releasing it or something? otherwise from your description it sounds like you just invented the most basic spring.

Nov 6, 2007
I say this very respectfully. You guys don't have clue. You may see it tonight. I found a web camera my godfather owns. I'm trying to find software to install it.

Sep 1, 2007
yeah you should be glad of that, but all that really means is that you aren't doing much research. so your move is a weave of the deck, then a combination bridge and spring? i've hella worked on that lots. i think lots of people have, because when you try to do a bridge longitudinally, more often than not it springs some of the cards out when you DON'T want it to, LOL

this is why n00bs think they invent a lot of moves, because several moves have common mistakes that are easily and often made, and when you make certain mistakes, there are common results that happen (like an accidental spring, or a "card shoot", etc etc)... i can't tell you how many n00bs think they have invented a variation on the TG deck flip where they "keep one card but the rest of the deck is reversed!!!"

also it was still kind of hard to tell from your video what was going on... fyi the first 40 seconds of your 1 minute video were completely superfluous to your "spring", seriously that could have been a 20 second long video and still got the same idea across.

along the same lines of your thinking, I've found a better idea to keep it cleaner is to do the same thing but rotated so the cards are facing directly away from you, then do a waterfall (rather than a spring) down into your other hand as you bridge the cards together. it is difficult or impossible to do a clean spring right out of a bridge, because the cards won't be evenly lined up, which is detrimental to having a 'smooth controlled release' which is the keystone of excellent springing.

or you could master this, and prove me wrong, which would be really awesome.

Nov 6, 2007
Oh well...maybe next time...it was nice trying. Also I did do some research on this move. I didn't have much idea where to look. I did look wherever I could though. Oh and I got rid of the link and the video since it's not my creation after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results