The Portals Deck- deck that causes cards to spin

Aug 11, 2008
Here's a new gimmicked deck I've recently made which allows cards to spin very rapidly. The card can be either in the center, top or bottom of the deck. Please give me any opinions regarding the to the deck. Despite the music and editing, I would like to know if this is an idea you guys are interested in and would possibly even want on the Wire.

Jun 2, 2013
Well, if you want me to remove this reply I will. This is my honest opinion.

To me, this performance is too revealing to the spectator. I personally would just guess that you laced a rubber band through a portion of the deck, and tied it to a platform to support a given card. I don't claim this to be the solution, and I won't even be surprised if it is not, but the point is that almost any spectator will know that you used a gimmick. The way the cards are bunched up as you spread them is very suspicious. In addition, when you turn the deck sideways there is a gap that shows. I am suspicious that the end of a rubber band is making the break occur. Again, if you want this reply removed, I will.

I do see potential for this type of performance. Try to make the spread natural. Don't flash breaks. The way the card reveals itself is nice. It just needs to be better concealed....

Sep 4, 2012
I don't see how this is a magic effect. It could be developed into a cool enough looking thing I guess, but I can't imagine many people wanting to get into a gimmicked deck when its only providing a very questionable, minor magical effect. I'd need to see way more practical applications before i'd consider using such a thing.

Aug 11, 2008
I definitely respect the replies and will take the deck into further thought and development. I will reveal that it is in fact, a partially gimmicked deck and is wound up with a rubberband, similar to a toy plane. Yet, I see the deck as of now as just a tool, that can be used in numerous ways. The problem for me currently is to find a good method in which to either reveal a card, make the deck move, or anything related. What would any of you think would be the best application to a half gimmicked deck that could make the top card spin?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Like your other thread, this does nothing for me but it could probably be worked up to be something.

For me though, the motion is too fast and comical. It looks cartoony.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results