The Pursuit - This Friday!

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Hello guys! I'm very excited about this...

My favourite category in magic has always been Card Magic. I love other types of magic too, but the idea of creating impossible effects with just playing cards is very appealing to me! That's why most of the routines I create are done with a deck... After giving a try to The Wire with a little effect, Strawbucks, and noticing what a great platform for magicians it is, I've decided to publish one of my favourite creations: The Pursuit.

The Pursuit is a very fair three-phase monte effect that I perform in a daily basis - I just love it! It plays so big... I get huge reactions with it. I have included a "studio" performance in this post so that you can see what it looks like (make sure you watch it in HD ;) ). I hope you enjoy it! The Pursuit will hit the wire this Friday, August 23, at 11 AM EST. See you there?

[video=youtube;UozjmenBV0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UozjmenBV0c[/video]​

PS.: I can't wait to hear Zach pronounce my name in Exposé again... It was hilarious! However, I understand... Basque name are too damn hard to say for the rest of the world!

Last edited by a moderator:

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Hello again!

Less than 24 hours left for the release... I'm actually quite nervous! I'd love to hear what you think about the effect, it's something I've been working on for quite a long time.

I want to let you know that for The Pursuit a gimmick is needed (most of you probably knew that already), but it is very practical: it could be in your deck all day without anyone noticing it! You can perform all your repertoire and, without any switch whatsoever, take out the two Jokers and a spectators freely chosen selection and perform The Pursuit right away.

Some of you may perform it as an opener since it gets your spectators get involved from the very beginning. But I know from experience that this could be your closer because of its strength, period.

Well, I've got nothing else to say, feel free to post any questions you may have about the effect in this thread and I'll try to give them an answer as soon as possible. Have a nice day and see you tomorrow! ;)

Xabier

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
The Pursuit is now live! After months of developing the routine and a week of shooting, editing and uploading the videos it's a nice feeling to finally see it available. For more details go to the product page here. I hope that those who watch it enjoy the trailer, and those who actually purchase it love performing the effect for real people! If you record any performance upload it to YouTube and send me a link, I'd love to see what you are doing with it.

Have a great weekend!

Apr 3, 2013
Looks great but cant purchase it, get an error message when i click the purchase button.
Ill return with a comment when i got it to work! =)

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Hello LillaMartin!

I'm really happy to hear you liked the effect! I hope that issue is solved as soon as possible and you can get the download without any problem.

By the way, I'd like to get some reviews to know if you liked the download! The effect has got really good ratings so far, but I'd like to be able to know your opinion more in depth. Thanks everyone for you support!

Xabier

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Hello!

I'd like to tell you that my effect "The Pursuit" is not available anymore in The Wire due to a crediting issue. Even if I can't be certain about its future, I hope it is back soon. Maybe this short journey that took off less than a week ago has ended today, so I'd like to thank every single one of you for the support, the response has been really nice. See you soon!

Xabi

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results