The REAL Black Tiger Review

Sep 2, 2007
Ok so most people make the huge mistake of making a review as soon as they get the deck. Most decks are good out of the box including every E deck BUT...that wont last long with you E deck. So heres a review from ME who has owned EVERY SINGLE ELLUSIONIST DECK for at least like three months.(except for the Blue Vintage 1800s)

The Black Tiger Deck

Looks

Their "OKAY" for a while...Until you start to use them...Then they suck.

Fans

Durability

Cuts

All decks can cut But E decks are thick and make everything harder.

What can they do to Boost a performance???

LOL! Everybody thinks there trick cards!Your reaction will be decreased by at least 50% everytime!

Rating

1/5

Overall Description

If you liked what you herd make sure you pick one up at....

www.ellusionist.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
ok your review is OKAY until you start to read it then it sucks. you seem really biased and a deck review isn't really possible because everyone has their own opinions and preferences. i personally cant stand the black tigers and favor the vipers but im not about to say that the black tigers suck. maybe after a while they wear out and become hard to work with but isn't that true with almost any deck of cards? hears my review of them : if you like black cards or want to try something new and you want to keep the bicycle feel black tigers aren't bad its sucks that the edges fade out and white lines become visible but that will happen with any black deck. they also feel a bit bulky for me but they can still handle well

I'd like to ask you - apart from plastic cards, what cards last 'forever'?

Looks - you say they look "OK". Please define "OK". What did you expect though? That the cards are going to remain like that forever? Everything has a life. Just pick up another pack.

Fans - once again, what does this mean? I've had absolutely no problem fanning these cards. You use them for a few months, no decks are gonna fan after a point of time.

Durability - Once again, no expansion on what you said. These cards are definitely longer lasting than normal regular stock bikes. If your definition of "while" is 3 months, then you're not reviewing a deck, you're reviewing something that's been worn and war torn. Please give us details on how a deck handles within its lifetime - not outside.

Cuts - you say the thicker stock makes it harder to handle? Perhaps, but with practice you can get used to it. DL's may be a tad tougher in the beginning but any serious performer will take the time to work with what he has and handle any situation.

Finally... you say they do nothing to boost a performance and that they scream trick cards?! Wow... I've never once been called on this. It's sometimes been a comment on how cool the cards look, but never 'trick cards'. If that's been happening to you, then you haven't convinced your spectators enough. There are many ways to do this. Eg: Let them handle the cards before your performance. Go right ahead give them the deck allow them to examine and shuffle. You don't even need to say "trick cards". They'll understand that all is fine. This is just an aspect of audience control and really doesn't have much to do with the cards themselves. It's about how to handle a situation cleverly and to your advantage.

In the end, I know it is about personal opinion. If these cards aren't your flavor, it's fine. But that doesn't mean you have to make such a biased review.

My computer was the best in the world for a few days. A year later it sucked because I installed too many softwares, ran outta disk space, caused the cpu to burn out and failed to install antivirus.

Cheers,

AJ

Sep 2, 2007
Im just saying Ellusionist cards do not last nearly as long as say ..a deck of normal bikes.

With a good deck of cards you shouldn't have to adjust your self to use it.

If they dont last nearly as long as a deck of normal bikes
They look like trick cards to laymen
And you have to adjust yourself to use them

THEN WHY ARE THEY TRIPLE THE PRICE ?

Sep 1, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
First of all, the E custom cards last much longer than regular bikes. Are you kidding me? What are you doing, soaking the cards in water? Any reason that a layman would think it is a trick deck is that YOU have not presented it properly. AJ nailed the response. It is all about preference.

I am not saying anyone should like these cards more than any other ones, and you are more than welcome to prefer regular bikes. Just don't start running your mouth with extremely biases reviews with absolutely no facts in them, and blatent lies such as the cards do not last as long as a regular deck.

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
@ts
this review really .... how would you say it?....well it sux!
It seems as if you dont like the Black Tiger deck. Dont write a review if you want to make place for your "omfg i spend so much money on a deck of cards and i dont like it" emotions....

@eagle61
look on the E forums... there is a thread about coloring the sides of the black tiger deck...
it looks pretty good and the problem with the white edges is also solved.

niX.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Although I'm not going to censor this review, I have to agree with everyone else. It doesn't seem very "constructive" at all. Did you give the cards a fair chance? What did you LIKE about them? There's always something.

Compare and contrast the pros and cons so users get a better understanding of whether or not they should personally purchase the product. Saying "it sucks" doesn't tell them too much.

Thanks!

Sep 4, 2007
I thought this was going to review a deck of cards.

I guess not.

I have had my E-decks for a few months now. Still going strong, except the 7clubs from the ghost, which got wet when it fell next to my drink while I was flourishing.

My bad!

I like the decks, they look cool, people like them and think they look cool when I use them, and after I let them examine the deck, the whole "It's a trick deck" thing goes away.

The printing and finishing are just as good as normal bikes, if not better.

Deal with it....

Hey, that's kind of punny...

Sep 2, 2007
Although I'm not going to censor this review, I have to agree with everyone else. It doesn't seem very "constructive" at all. Did you give the cards a fair chance? What did you LIKE about them? There's always something.

Compare and contrast the pros and cons so users get a better understanding of whether or not they should personally purchase the product. Saying "it sucks" doesn't tell them too much.

Thanks!

Actually When i first got them I thought that they were awesome...but then I went to a party and EVERYONE said that they were trick cards. They fanned in chunks and I ALWAYS wash my hands before using cards and it was before i did "pick a card" tricks with them

Sep 3, 2007
East Coast
look on the E forums... there is a thread about coloring the sides of the black tiger deck...
it looks pretty good and the problem with the white edges is also solved.

niX.

Wow, really ? You know if my bikes get a little dirty or if I used them long enough to wear off the ink I would put them in my junk pile and buy a new deck.

If you are saying that the ink on the edges shows wear with little use and you have to color them back to a usable state then that is certainly enough of a deterrent to keep me away from them.

Sep 4, 2007
Actually When i first got them I thought that they were awesome...but then I went to a party and EVERYONE said that they were trick cards. They fanned in chunks and I ALWAYS wash my hands before using cards and it was before i did "pick a card" tricks with them

1. You are dealing with people who know you.

2. Your presentation is defintely DEFINTELY more to blame for the 'trick cards' comment then your cards.

3. Two words - Porper Clip. My first deck of Tigers lasted over 8 weeks. With everyday performances that is a heck of a long time. The only reason I don't use them is the wearing on the edges. Because of the porper clip they still fan like a dream.

Rd

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I like bikes more than E decks.
I think you guys from E should experience some cards from the USPCC theirselves( I know E decks are also from USPCC but I'm talking about not customed one from E)
Much better and cheaper IMO.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I dislike the black tiger. I purchased it once and never will again. The stock is disgustingly thick, the black on the sides fade within less than a days use. I like normal red and blue bikes than those things.

Plus normal bikes cost 12 bucks for like 12.95 at costco

Hmm... This is... Opinion. You are completely against Ellusionist that is clear. I happen to like the Tigers, but it really depends on what kind of performance you want... If you have Black Tiger Gaff, then you don't have a choice do you? But that's not the point, the feel of the cards do differ... I dissagree with a lot of your information, friend. But yeah...

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I'm in no way againts ellusionist.

I love the stuff I got off there

Warning, Indecent, Stigmata and others

It's just the Black Tigers are just ugly and don't feel right to me, I like the Ghosts and vipers but not the tigers

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results