The Strike Change

Jan 28, 2009
I've been curious about this for a while, and I've seen it attempted a few times around the place, so I thought, why not.

The only problem with the video is the camera going in and out of focus at points during the introduction which just made my head hurt. Other than that this is a good quality video with AF who is rapidly becoming my favorite artist on here. (In unrelated news I bought Panic recently...which is somewhere in the post, and am eagerly anticipating the DVD's arrival in my mail box).

Aaron is a great teacher and he's right, it's a fairly complex change, but that's what's great about it. In the process of practicing it I learned some stuff and realized I need to work on about 3 other things. It's still a work in progress for me, but it is a sexy little change and I completely fried a friend of mine with it (I just did the first bit out of view, as that's where the complexity is, and I got a better reaction than a lot of the more visual changes.)

It's back to the days of old school color changes, with a bit of set up work, a bit of sneakiness, but then when it happens....it doesn't happen like you think it does, and simple subtleties like the starting position of the cards make the effect seem more than it is, and make it seem a lot unlike the old school color changes that it resembles in a way. It's like a top change on acid with a completely different method. Basically lay people's brains melt when they see it, and you end clean enough that clean up is easy and logical. (It's not taught, but it doesn't have to be, there's a million and one ways you can clean up.)

Basically if you haven't figured out how this is done, download it and take a look at it. It's a really nice effect and will hone your handling of cards. It's a short snappy video that imparted more knowledge than a lot of DVDs that I've watched.

Basically, this is a sexy b*tch. Download it.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
this was my very first purchase from T11 and i loved it. Worked at it forever and made it shine, love this change even though its not the easiest one out there, that little something extra just fries people. If you do it right it looks like real magic. Its a great opener for casual settings.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results