The Superman Challenge

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
So I made this challenge to myself.. but then word got out about and suddenly everyone wants these to be done as a video which is going to be shown at my university theater... my challenge was to re create ... the powers that superman has and I plan to tie them to magic ..... I am talking about Ice breath.. strength ... flight... x ray vison ... and heatvision .... for Ice breath I am thinking about the flow effect where the water turns to ice.. and frozen by adam grace... strength I am thinking of a coin bend normal one will sufice... flight there is a new effect coming out from Andrew Mayne called levitator and funny thing is one of the tricks actually says put on a cape and fly like a superhero XD heat vision.. probably do the burning matches from lit... xray I pretty much dont know:S:S:S but if any of you have any, ANY suggestion would be very thankfull... thanks :) love you guys

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
First thoughts for X ray was the classic X ray card trick. Or maybe a russian roulette, such as Instinct or Cookie Cutter. It would make more sense to do a nail under a cup than a razor blade in Oreo, though I think.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
hm...
not too bad of an idea. Sounds quite fun...
Frozen by Grace would work nicely...
I dont think a coin bend is strong enough. Its a coin... its smaller than an inch. How bout a knife bend or check out Refraction by David Penn (amazing).
Im not one for levitations so... I guess Levitator would work.
For heat vision... The burning matchbook would be quite visual. There is also a coin trick called Liquido where the coin melts in your hand, which is quite amazing...
As for X-Ray vision, I do not recommend any russion roulette routine. Basically, if you could see through objects, why bother hitting down all the other cups if you already know where the knife is in the first place? Superman would just be like "its under this one..". My suggestion would be a mentalism trick of quite a large scale. It would build up to a big finish. For example, you begin with a coin in which hand routine. They hide the coin, you guess it everytime, classic stuff. Then perhaps you enlarge this effect by getting a large amount of spectators such as 10 and having one of them hide a single small object on them while a few others hide some wrong objects as well. and you see through their pockets and clothes (dayum....) and discard each person one by one and till you are left with like 3 then you eliminate to the final one. Just some ideas made on the spot.

By the way a routine such as russion roulette wouldnt be ideal as imagine you mess up:
"I AM SUPERMAN! I CAN SEE THROUGH THINGS! I AM INDESTRUCTABLE!!!! I SEE! I SEE THE NAIL! IT IS NOT UNDER HERE! HERE! AND HER... OMG WTF! A NAIL IS THROUGH MY HAND!!! OMGGG AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" and you run away instead of flying.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results