The System

Do you like how The System's flourishes are explained?

• Yes

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • NO

Votes: 19 79.2%

• Total voters
Aug 31, 2007
Imagination Land
does anyone like the teaching method in the system cause not to be mean or anyting , i really dislike it

i find the teaching hard to follow and even in slow motion its too fast to start learning.

Sorry my poll is kind of messd up The question is : DO u like how the system flourishes are explained ?

remember i love the sytem and all i just think it could of have been alot better if it was like the Trilogy

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
The System is great, and Ive learned most of the flourishes on it and still going at it. Yeah, I think it would be easier if they would have explained the flourishes as they did in The Trilogy, but all in all they do a great job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 22, 2007
what is different about the flourishes taught on the trilogy i mean the teaching method as opposed to slow motion on the system

Sep 1, 2007
In the Trilogy they give verbal instruction.

I think it's okay...in some flourishes where you have to start with an unusual grip (i.e. the Molecule) it's kind of hard to notice without being told. Also there are a lot of fingers obscured, and it's a pain to flip back and forth between angles while holding a deck of cards all split up into packets.

I'm not saying it's TERRIBLE, and I've learned a few of the flourishes fairly easily, but I find that it can be very hard for certain cuts.

I'm not gonna lie, as much as I like db2 stuff, I was a bit dissapointed with the teaching on "The System." For as long as that DVD took to produce, I would have thought they would have at least had some "over-the-shoulder" views or verbal cues if needed.

It's certainly not the worst teaching, and I understand if it is to inspire creativity, but we do pay 30 bucks to learn the material. However, I think that the Pasteboard Anime and the other features on the DVD partially make up for this fact, and the bucks have certainly "redeemed" (as if they really needed it) themselves in teaching quality with The Trilogy.

J.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Honestly I hate the way the teaching is in "The System".

Once I got "The Trilogy" it was a total piece of cake and I could learn things way faster and better. After I watched and practiced the "The Trilogy" things in "The System" got easier for me.

I never liked the whole "no talking" approach. I personally would rather verbal instructions and tips...THEN perhaps a follow along session. Wouldn't that be a better way to go about it? Thats just how I would construct a DVD.

-Justin

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I never liked the whole "no talking" approach. I personally would rather verbal instructions and tips...THEN perhaps a follow along session. Wouldn't that be a better way to go about it? Thats just how I would construct a DVD.

-Justin

Yes, I see what you mean. It certainly is easier when they say "put ring finger here" like on The Trilogy. I bet if you guys took the time to learn the flourishes on The System, learning the flourishes on The Trilogy would be easier for you.:)

- Dan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results