The TheorEMC

Feb 12, 2011
At my Computer
I was looking at the essential magic conference website and thinking about attending but I just dont get it. Can one of theory11 experts like Casey Rudd, William Draven, or RickEverhart just break it down on stupid terms for me?

Dec 11, 2010
California
It is basically where a bunch of magicians from various parts of the world come together in a huge "conference" room. Each of them goes up and talks about a certain part about magic. Some will perform and teach how it is done, others till talk about misdirection or what they believe magic is all about, others will talk about how to create magic etc. All of this is live streamed. If you pay you can watch all the sessions live streamed while it is happening and ask questions via email (or maybe twitter or facebook. ) You will also be allowed to download all the sessions once the whole thing is over.

Some people who you might recognize that gave a lecture last year is apollo robbins (theory11 released his vcr change) jason england (foundations-theory11) ponta the smith (made a coin dvd entitled "sick" in which it was indeed sick), Helder Guimarães (red mirror and Dan n Dave website), Max Maven (famous mentalist) and many more.

note: the parentheses are works that they released that you might recognize not what they preformed at the EMC

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 27, 2009
I'm no theory11 staffer or expert, but I attended last year and loved EMC. The Essential Magic Conference is an online magic event where Luis de Matos, Marco Tempest and David Britland find a number (in this case 33) of the worlds leading magicians and manipulators (and maybe a psychologist or two) and bring them to Studio 33 in Portugal. From there, the 33 experts give lectures and performances just like any other magic conference, except for the fact that these lectures and performances are broadcast over the internet. Conference attendees can participate in a Q&A session, live chats and other online activities during the conference. Once the event is over, the sessions are posted online so that people can go back and review what they've learned. Then, the sessions are burned to DVD's and sent to everyone who participated.

Last year, the first session was worth the price of the ticket. I highly recommend it! Does this help? Basically it's magiccon in your living room.

Yes, all the attendees from EMC 2010 were sent their dvd sets a few months ago. I received mine, and the dvds look great + work perfectly. It really is a GREAT value!

Btw the dvd's have the chat logs from the event and a few bonus items as well!

Dec 11, 2010
California
I honesty dont see why they would change it. If you have more questions you might as well contact them via email since they will give you more accurate answers

Nov 9, 2010
Will the 2011 attendees be sent a set of DVDs as well?

Yes, a DVD set will be shipped out for free to everyone who participates. It's definitely worth it in my opinion, last year's conference had a fee of $75 (I think) and that included seeing the sessions live, asking questions and having the DVD set shipped out for free afterwards. The DVD set alone costs twice that when you buy it now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results