The Trilogy : tricksandflourishesandeverythingelse

What can I say? From the packaging alone you can tell the product inside is good. The Trilogy is amazing from the moment you open the mail satchel, to the time you open the DVD cover and see the very well design packaging to the time you put the DVD into the player and watch the beauty unfold. The Trilogy is a very polished product, it's very professional, well designed and well put together and although shocking with it's initial price tag, I haven't regretted it a second.

Content 5/5

The Trilogy comes with three DVD's packed with content.

The Tricks DVD has 13 Tricks on it, all uniquely Dan and Dave in their style and presentation. I, being more of a flourisher than a magician, was actually drawn into learning some magic after watching this DVD. The moves are great, there are some that require set-up, but most are totally impromptu and offer a style unique to most boring card routines where everything seems very stationary.

The Flourishing DVD is what I bought the set for, and is probably my least watched DVD! This isn't saying the DVD is bad, it's excellent, it's a pointer to show how great this package is. The flourishes on the DVD can be quite complicated and aren't really for the beginner flourisher. I definitely recommend learning the cuts from The System before learning the flourishes from The Trilogy, especially since some actually incorporate System cuts and are thus not covered in detail.

The Everything Else DVD is amazing. It has a number of classic flourishes in the 101 Section, as well as a number of other things from The Jones Change, to Under Pressure, to The LePaul S Spread. Floruishers and Magicians alike will love this DVD, it's got basics, it's got a bit of everything, it really is "everything else" and really completes the set.

Teaching 5/5

For all those that complained about the teaching in The System, do not fear, the teaching in The Trilogy include over the shoulder angles, as well as subtitles making everything very clear and easy to follow. I personally prefer to watch the overviews as the explanations juts confuse me, but I guess I'm just weird. However you like to learn, both options are available (System Style, or Hand Holding Style) and does make the flourishes easier to learn. The tricks are taught by Dan and Dave orally, making them very easy to follow and pick up. The Everything else section is also taught orally, except for the Flourishes 101 section which is silent but provides plenty of angles to fully understand these basic flourishes.

Extras 5/5
The everything else DVD is basically the Extras, that's right, a whole DVD of extras, it's amazing. The content provided on the Everything Else DVD is invaluable to magicians and flourishers alike and you will pick up a number of little things from it while individually may seem insignificant are really neat things to know.

Conclusion

From the gloss black fold out case design, to the white discs, to the music by Kastoacha and Dan Hocking, to the classy menus, to everything. Everything in the DVD set has bee well thought out and designed and the whole package is well designed and feels very polished and complete and warrants every delay it experienced. While the price tag may seem steep, I definitely recommend getting the set and trying something new. Watch the previews, if it looks like your style, then pick it up, you'd be hard pressed to find nothing of value.

PS: Sorry for the typo in the thread title, it's late.

im def getting this

what's your favorite trick on it (just curious)

At the moment collectors. This is a great dvd!

One thing that annoys me, is that version 2 of molecule 4 says something like "Now do the molecule cut (taught in the dan and dave system.)" I don't own the system, or really plan on buying it, but now I can't do the stupid thing.

Anyways, other than a few little things a very good DVD.

Thanks,
Evan

Aug 9, 2008
i ordered the 'everything else' part of the set and im watching the part where he explains the jones change... all i see him doing is changing the 6 of clubs into the 6 of clubs... he doesnt actually change the card during the explanation

Jul 7, 2008
amazing

this is dvd set i think will take u from am to near pro in a couple of months its just the awsomest thing ive ever used

Oct 12, 2009
Hey Love the review but i have two questions.

For a beginnner with a bit of experience (I have xb1) would the system or trilogy be a better choice??. I have heard mixed things about the system and it's teaching methods.

And which dvd set is more difficult??

Thnx for the great review.

-RichoMagic

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results