The Truth Behind De'vo

May 9, 2008
I appreciate you trying to bring this to light, however it has been discussed ad nauseum. There is no need to have soap operas in something fun like cardistry. Let's stop the flame wars.

Dec 7, 2009
brownsville
truth hurts..

i honestly believe that yes....to much fame and kidness of him was a bit to much .... if all of this is true ...well how sad becuase he is a talented flourisher... a great magician etc... i also believe that cardistry is more than just political issues... but yeah why the hate.... i now see why some cardistry members dont talk much about him (De'vo)... its sad about how a fun activity and profesion (cardistry) can be turn into a hatred manner of political social issue....
we should instead just create, enjoy amaze, and have fun with what we do!! Cardistry ! =D

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
just ignore it, focus on the flourishes, focus on the feeling, ignore all else and just.... do

Yea, I agree with this guy a hundred percent. Don't not get into flourishing just because some flourishers are jerks. It's like deciding not to perform magic because some magicians are jerks. There is no difference between the two. As said by jrobarts05, just... do.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
I don't see how anyone could leave something because of how other's behave.

De'vo clearly has some very serious, deeply rooted personal issues. I wish the best for him,
and at the same time, this situation has nothing to do with me and my cards. I practice every
day because I love it. I personally prefer the term Cardistry, but that's irrelevant.

Glad that there is a sense of maturity about this. Let's keep it that way, don't feed the drama.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
this is why i'm hesitant to join the flourishing scene. Too much politics. It's like being in 10th grade.

Just because De'vo may have a few personal issues with artists, and because of his motives and behavior, you're not going to flourish? Yeah, that's a real good reason... :rolleyes:

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
eugh. should have defined it properly.

flourishing scene: The communities on the internet in which flourishing/xcm is the common interest, in which videos are shared, and in which discussions on flourishing/xcm take place.

of couse I flourish for myself. like hell i'd let anyone dictate what I do.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
lol, david beyer(de'vo) is a loser. I got banned from HL 3 hours ago because I said he was a f*cktard, lol which is true.

Why are you guys calling him De'vo? His real name is David Beyer, and heckler and nebelfuchs have some pics of his face they posted on UC.

''For years now, De’vo has had a grudge with several artists and entrepreneurs including Andrei Jikh, Bone Ho, Alejandro Portela, Robert Zadorzny, Jonathan Bayme and of course some other members from UC and D&D''

Thats awmost all the guys that are making the flourish a great art

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
United Cardists. There's a thread there called "Devo EPIC FAIL Vom scatterinch" that has lots of pages of info about David Beyer and what he's done.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results