The Undercover Switch

Jul 25, 2008
This is off the on-demand section of DanandDave.com

Alright here we go:

I've heard some stuff from other magicians out there saying that this isnt worth it. Well it is. It's one of those little moves that will just change an entire effect for you. Def. a good buy

Teaching: Spot on. Kostya leaves nothing out. He goes over everything you need to know.

Difficulty: Out of 10 I'd give it a solid 5. Mainly because there is one little move that will take some practice. But don't worry about it. It's pretty simple

Final: In the video he goes over the finger positions, some applications, and even how to get into it. Even at the end he shows you his Ambitous Ego trick using the Undercover Switch. He doesn't teach it though =(. But its really cool to watch.

Final Thoughts: This is really a good utility move to add 2 your bag. It's invisible and looks 100% natural. And thats a good thing =)

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Its a utility move that can be done in only certain situations, such as cleaning up for a few tricks. Not as versatile as a double lift, but definitely worth having in your repertoire. Also acts as clean up when people are burning your hands or at the end of a dirty sleight e.g. Strike change.

Nov 10, 2007
I think this move is very well put together, and noone will be burning your hands when turning over a card.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
This will never replace a double lift (As I think he may have mentioned), but it is a very convincing move in it's own place.

Plus, you may just find yourself performing for a big mouth magician.

"And now I place the card in the center...and it rises to the top!"

"It's always been there..."

"Aha! But it's only one card..."

*Silence*

*World implodes*

G

This will never replace a double lift (As I think he may have mentioned), but it is a very convincing move in it's own place.

Plus, you may just find yourself performing for a big mouth magician.

"And now I place the card in the center...and it rises to the top!"

"It's always been there..."

"Aha! But it's only one card..."

*Silence*

*World implodes*

G

I still think everyone is missing the point. There is a set up to do the switch. Like I said, the switch is awesome, but the set up isnt so great, it's not like it's hard but it greatly reduces the impromptu-ness.

Cheers, Tom

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I agree, the set-up for this switch isn't ideal, but if you're using this switch, chances are you won't be using it to deliberately replace a double lift, rather it will be as a follow-up to another sleight which has left you in the position for the switch.

In saying this, I did a routine recently to a couple of people and openly set-up the switch in front of them, as Kostya suggests in the onDemand video... Did it fly by them? Sure did. Would I do it again deliberately even if I could do it covertly? Hell no.

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results