The Vanishing - Shin Lim

May 20, 2012
Preface : This utility device will allow you to do miracles when it comes to vanishing an object, or making it travel from one place to another. It is light to carry and can fit in your wallet. It's not bulky, and no necessary clothing requirements are needed. You can even use this gimmick naked it you wanted to.

Before I start anything, I hope you do understand that all that is written here is based on my opinion which might be the opposite of what you may think. This is based on what I feel on this product.

There's nothing much I can say about this product. It's quite disappointed to be really honest. The simplest of gimmicks that is provided for you can be bought from the store. Except, the gimmick does not allow you to totally perform the trick as some items must be bought on your own. Based on this, I can say that this DVD is not what you might be already looking for.

Chapter 1 : :The magician borrows a small object, a coin, ring, etc. There are no switches, and the exact same coin is used the entire time. With a slow wave over the coin, it effortlessly vanishes. No funny movements, no sudden sleights. The coin is COMPLETELY gone. The spectator can FEEL your hands to make sure there's nothing there; because there is nothing... At this point, you can either choose to end there, or continue, and make the coin reappear again on your hand or in theirs. You then hand out their coin for examination and leave them with a signed coin they'll never forget.
Chapter 2:The magician borrows a tic tac box and a tic tac. There are no switches what so ever, and there are no alterations on the box or the tic tac. You cleanly place the tic tac inside of the box. And with no sudden movements, the tic tac visually melts through the bottom, and landing on your spectator's cuffed hand. Then can then immediately examine the tic tac and the box.

Chapter3:The magician proceeds to use an ordinary coffee cup, and asks the spectator for a dollar bill (or anything that can be crumpled up into a ball). He cleanly placed the cup over the ball. With NO movements what so ever, he snaps his fingers and the ball is gone. You can then proceed to continue with your regular cups and balls routine; or you can continue to use the gimmick to make it a devastating cups and balls routine.

I don't really want to elaborate on each of the chapters, because it .. the gimmick itself is too simple, the trick, will be already what you think it is. it is extremely visual but not extremely clean. Angles are really sensitive, this will not be suitable for a street performance. It is easy to do, but you are not able to bring it everywhere ( to what I think )

All in all, this trick is simple and do not expect much out of this, yes, it is extremely visual, but only on a stage performance, or on camera. I wouldn't recommend you doing this to a bunch of people for street magic. This trick is practically what you think it already is, and do not think it being too far-fetched. The gimmick, without something else, is useless.

I am extremely disappointed, expecting the gimmick to be something so much more precise and have a IT WILL WORK feeling when you get your hands on the gimmick.

Difficulty : 2/5
Practicality : 2/5 (being that one cannot do without the other, besides, why would you bring that out ?)
Overall : 4/10

A very disappointing buy, I would not recommend you to get it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results