The WIRE

Jan 19, 2009
Hy,
I just want to know when can we start to submit our tricks effects etc.?
It says that on September 4 but I can't.It shows only the dashboard.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Well it doesn't matter to us Blindside, it's the T11 team that have to check them. No doubt there will be some gems but I also know there is going to be a huge amount of plagiarism by amateurs and children.

Jan 19, 2009
Unfortunately I think that there will be people at the beginning of the wire who will submit not original creations.
I have a lot of ideas and I hope that I will have the opportunity to release it.I'll try my best :)

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I don't think there will be much plagiarism seeing as theory11 people check it for any copyright material in it and to make sure it's original.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Awesome! We are expecting to enable submissions by the end of the day today. Over 300 artists have created accounts on The Wire in the past 24 hours, so we're super excited to see the first round of submissions begin. Note that to increase your chances of being accepted for publication, we recommend taking your time. Don't rush it. Focus on making it the best it can be in every way - both technically (practice until perfection) and aesthetically.

Jul 31, 2011
LA LA land
Don't rush it. Focus on making it the best it can be in every way - both technically (practice until perfection) and aesthetically.

I agree. Get a decent camera before you film anything, and practice! Get it right the first time, or else you might lose your reputation, which will be hard to bounce back from. Nothing's worse than getting your trick/tutorial bashed by the community because the teaching quality was horrible, or something like that. :)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I have a question regarding the actual videos. Do they have to be uploaded via youtube, vimeo, etc. before we submit?

Same question! I hope it's kinda like facebook where it doesn't really matter. I'm super excited for this flood of magic information!

Because the system is not ready for it yet. Instead of complaining why don't you focus on making sure your videos are the best, well edited, well credited, and up to theory11 artist quality?

Anything new, is bound to have bugs no matter how much testing you put into it.

Jan 2, 2011
Because the system is not ready for it yet. Instead of complaining why don't you focus on making sure your videos are the best, well edited, well credited, and up to theory11 artist quality?

Anything new, is bound to have bugs no matter how much testing you put into it.

well said william
and can anyone answer my question?
Can we first submit the raw footage of the performance and explanation and if Theory11 likes the effect,then we can make a proper edited video and put it on sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
well said william
Can we first submit the raw footage of the performance and explanation and if Theory11 likes the effect,then we can make a proper edited video and put it on sale?

From the way it's described it seems like you upload the finished product and then they approve it. It said that once it's approved (within 72 hours) then at that point you can set a release date and a price. It doesn't say anything about it being re-submit-able from that point.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
well said william

Hey Mukund,

Because our team is approving the final product, not simply the raw effect or concept, it is required to upload the complete preview video and instructional at the time of submission. At that time, you also specify your effect title, description, and suggested price (or make it free!). The process is very similar to uploading a video to YouTube in that you have complete control over all aspects and you just hit one simple button to submit. Viola!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results