Theory 11 Gear Section - Jacket?

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
First off, the site looks great. Well worth the wait and anticipation.

Second, I noticed under the Gear section, its mentioned that nothing has been come up with yet. Just a thought:

Magician's on the street have the problem of having to carry the majority of their materials with them...whether that be cards, coins, and gaffs, or being strapped in with an UltraSmoke or a Raven. There are also a considerable number of magician's who use sleeving techniques in some of their work. There's also issues involving deck swtiches and ditching of cards/coins/etc... when pocktes aren't always in the greatest locations.

That being said, I'd love to see a "magician's" jacket with pockets in appropriate places and sleeves that were friendly to both sleeving and "devices" as mentioned above without being so loose that it was obvious.

Granted other sites have devised jackets, but then one runs into a problem of having the site's logo plastered all over the jacket. There's something to be said about being discrete.

Just a thought---and for the record, to be brand new, this site is massive---so much new material to look over. Amazing work.

It would be nice to have some non branded magician apparel that would aid in the everyday life happenings. A carry bag with slots for decks of cards would be nice, they always get damages floating around mine, tucking them safely in a pocket would be nice :)

Sep 1, 2007
England
I would love to see (and addmitedly this is perhaps not something for this site) a dinner jacket with preinstalled topit, jumbo coin holdouts, secret pockets and billiard ball clips etc.

Not to mention a chute from the inside pockets to the outside ones! I'd buy one straight away.

Tom

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
Agree---ESPECIALLY with the non-branded portion of that comment. That was part of my biggest complaint---I realize magic companies are just that..."companies." But when you brand your name into the side of something that is worn like that, it, in my opinon, cheapens the experience somewhat. I just know that I personally have problems finding jackets to work in (not in nicer occasions because suit jackets tend to work ok), but in everyday "street" magic, because either there is a lack of pockets, the sleeves are too loose or are elastic, the material is to "stiff," or the jacket looks VERY bulky.

Another problem is that with wind-breaker type jackets, when sleeving, the items (particularly coins) make a noticible noise as they go into the sleeve.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

I would love to see (and addmitedly this is perhaps not something for this site) a dinner jacket with preinstalled topit, jumbo coin holdouts, secret pockets and billiard ball clips etc.

Not to mention a chute from the inside pockets to the outside ones! I'd buy one straight away.

Tom

You've been thinking about this a while haven't you? This does sound very practical, I just hope that although this is a business T11 may consider some products that may not have their logo brandished all over it (Does that really help advertise anyway?) I'm not to sure about huge customizations such as a dinner jacket. Sizing is a pain, not to mention dinner jackets are fairly expensive to begin with, plus the alterations would probably have to be done by hand. We can always dream though.

Initially I saw the title of the thread and thought outloud ...UGH! ...but then the non-brnaded thing was said .. That makes sense ...If it helps Magicians than I am all for it ... Maybe some type of holsters? as well ...

Sep 1, 2007
Wisconsin
I really like the idea of a jacket specifically designed for magicians. I think it would be cool if it were more modern looking to be able to where when your out on the streets that just looks natural but doesn't have the logo all over it. I really like this idea. Its well thought out.

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
Initially I saw the title of the thread and thought outloud ...UGH! ...but then the non-brnaded thing was said .. That makes sense ...If it helps Magicians than I am all for it ... Maybe some type of holsters? as well ...

I ALMOST didn't add the word "Jacket" to the title for the fear people would roll their eyes and move on, but I wanted those interested to at least know what was being discussed.

I agree about the dinner-jackets, aside from not being something a site such as this would probably be marketing, being too complicated. Size issues, colors, etc... would all run into problems.

Someone else mentioend a topit, etc... being added, but that would only add to expense. I'd make the jacket itself gimmick-less aside from some inner/outter pocket communication, and special pockets. Also, another thought would be fabric-tabs on the inside of the jacket so that items requiring saftey pins could be attached without the concern that the pin is sticking through the fabric of visable from the outside....and it would also decrease the chance that the fabric would bunch-up where the actual pins were placed.

Sep 1, 2007
Who needs magic apparel? Can't any of these magic sites not put out clothing lines? "Get the new Versaci Black Gaffed-looking Multipurpose playing card deck with Masterchief from Halo imprinted in the back design!"

I want Majica!

Aug 31, 2007
I think that it would be nice to have some Branded and non Branded
Magician apparel. It would also be nice if someone would for once
cater towards the Big Guys. I would like to see some XXXLG T-shirts
at least.

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
Who needs magic apparel? Can't any of these magic sites not put out clothing lines? "Get the new Versaci Black Gaffed-looking Multipurpose playing card deck with Masterchief from Halo imprinted in the back design!"

I want Majica!
But I don't want a clothing line. I don't want them to do it for publicity....and I don't want a huge logo on it---at MOST the inside label.

There's a difference in a clothing line and an accessory that could be worn that would benefit the magician.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
But I don't want a clothing line. I don't want them to do it for publicity....and I don't want a huge logo on it---at MOST the inside label.

There's a difference in a clothing line and an accessory that could be worn that would benefit the magician.

Awww so no "Versaci Black Gaffed-looking Multipurpose playing card deck with Masterchief from Halo imprinted in the back design!"?

Sad.

=P

~Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results