• T11

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • E

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other..

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
Sep 19, 2007
I just wondered if anyone noticed the boom in membership. The number of active members keeps growing, as well as the number of visitors.
I guess it just proves that this site's style is not only pleasing to the eye but effective in giving modern performers the tools they need to create astonishment in any audience.
This site is absolutely gorgeous, the artists are all my heroes, the soundtracks on the videos are beautiful, and i cant thank the team enough.

I think sometimes we take people for granted. We dont thank people enough for their service. This thread is for all of those people who have benefitted from this site and those who enjoy the style to say thanks. Show theory 11 that you appreciate them. I do, very much.

Thanks guys you have created a masterpiece.

Aug 31, 2007
I don't think you poll is needed. I hope you will take it off.

Not trying to water things down, but:

1. Boom in active membership also means influx of beginners who cannot respect magic. Now, I am not being discriminatory; everyone started as a beginner, but not everyone started as a beginner who disrespects magic.
2. Boom in visitors = underground magic epicentre? Don't think so.

Yes, I still appreciate Theory 11 for their efforts. Good job guys, but let's improve things around here, okay? If you're to help the magic scene, cool - but please attack the true problems instead of simple producing more magic. The magic is totally awesome, but I don't think it solves much besides providing better magic for the younger community... which just leads to unecessary exposure on the Net and in real life.

Theory 11, I am still clutching onto my hope for you. Please don't disappoint me.

- harapan. magic!

Well I am a big fan of T11. Just wish I had more time to spend exploring here. Also wish those that voted "Other" would tell us what sites they are referring to. I have noticed that things at E seem to be slowing way down. It used to be that a topic posted in the general discussion section was two or three pages down after 6 hours, now even locked topics stay on the first page for days.

The poll is really unnecessary. You're asking 'Theory 11 or Ellusionist'...on the Theory 11 message boards. You don't have to be a mentalist to guess which one is going to win.

And I like them both, but I go to Ellusionist for serious magic questions and debates and here to just screw around and have fun (the amount of random stuff posted here is stunning, really).

Sep 2, 2007
The poll is really unnecessary. You're asking 'Theory 11 or Ellusionist'...on the Theory 11 message boards. You don't have to be a mentalist to guess which one is going to win.

There will be a bias here because majority of the people partaking in the poll are here because they like theory11. I'm sure the same poll at Ellusionist will differ greatly.

Nonetheless, theory11 is growing, and hopefully will continue to. Theory11 provides a fun, loose, and interactive environment, while progressing magic, and I and my magic benifited from it.

Thank You.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 10, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I have to go with t11 only because it has artists I know will produce new creative ideas. E has an odd way of killing off trick and keeping them for themselves.

Theory11 by a thousand miles.

I could not believe the jerks on the E forums when I first went there. Every single bloody topic has a first response telling the user to use the search function. If your just supposed to search everything up because its been discussed already then whats the point of a forum. They may well shut the forums down and make it an archive. Its understandable if the questions asked a dozen times a week but for obscure stuff not so much.

Not to mention the T11 team may be the nicest group of people I know. Dana, Wayne and jon have been nothing but nice to me (I mean directly, there are no words to describe the genuine kindness they have shown me) and as for everyone else I haven't done much talking to them, but they have been on the forums, which is nice in my books.

The only problem I have with T11 is that there arent enough Mods. Not that we need an excessive amount, its just good to know that at least one person can be around to help at any given point that users are online. I suggest getting a few daytime regulars, and a few regular night users and moderating them.

Thats NOT my .02 cents (That phrase is used on E all the time, and I hate it so I am making fun of it.) :p

Trent

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
The only problem I have with T11 is that there arent enough Mods. Not that we need an excessive amount, its just good to know that at least one person can be around to help at any given point that users are online. I suggest getting a few daytime regulars, and a few regular night users and moderating them.

Trent

Jon has said several times that they don't feel the need for one at this time, and that most of the members here moderate themselves by trying to stay on-topic and all that, but that they might ask a few people to be a moderator when the time comes.

I have a few hunches on who they will ask when the time comes lol (I also hav e afew suggestions. Steve Simmons and yourself to name a few) . I understand its fine without them, I am just used to posting on big forums, it is comforting to know if something goes wrong, the forum can be watched even when the T11 team is too busy.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I have a few hunches on who they will ask when the time comes lol (I also hav e afew suggestions. Steve Simmons and yourself to name a few) . I understand its fine without them, I am just used to posting on big forums, it is comforting to know if something goes wrong, the forum can be watched even when the T11 team is too busy.

If you were reffering to me, I truly feel honored that I would stick out in your mind. If not, then I just feel like an egotistical @#$%. However, I would have to nominate Jack The Magician for the spot, he's just amazing.
Of course, some of us do like Jordan Garret has suggested and when a big issue arises will either step up and say what needs to be said, or go to Jon about it.

I like the closeness of T11, it feels very tight nit and relaxed about everything. Everybody seems to be getting along, and I have a sense that magic is alive in this place.

I was in fact referring to you The Dark Angel.

Jack is another candidate. There are only a handful or users that really stick in my mind here.

Nothing against the other users, I just like to pick favorites.

I feel the exact same way, I love how tight knit it is here, and it feels like a big family.

Sep 4, 2007
It's cause all the under 14's emmigrated here. (Well over half Ellusionist's population)

I note in your sig that you support good spelling...lol. sorry, but some things are sublimely ironic.

I am on the forums quite a bit, as you might imagine, and I have not noticed topics languishing on the first page. I have noticed that good, meaty topics are staying on the front page longer since much of the nonsense posting has disappeared, but I certainly would not blame it on the 14 year olds that have come to T11. I find that our younger members often ask some of the best stuff.

RJ

Sep 1, 2007
E is to boring... too strict... too uptight...
T11 is relaxing... fun... just a great place and very welcoming.

T11 all the way!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results