theory11.bulletin - Cardistry in 3D :: daniel+Madison

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by j.bayme, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Cardistry as you've never seen it before. What's the closest thing to watching d+M perform live in front of you? Watching him perform in 3D - which is exactly what you'll be seeing in November on UK's Channel 4.

The 3D Magic Spectacular show will be hosted by the incomparable Derren Brown and will feature many performers throughout a week full of three dimensional television. Also see the technological wizardry of Marco Tempest, Pete Firman, and Barry & Stuart, filmed like never before.

A few weeks ago I was able to see some of the first test shots from Marco in his studio in NYC - this is certainly a groundbreaking technological moment for magic, and is definitely something you won't want to miss.

Spoke with d+M this morning and to our knowledge, this is the first time cardistry has been shown this level of prominence ever on UK television - not to mention the fact that it is in 3D. Very exciting.

2. unfortunatly I do not live in the UK.
    So will you post here that part of the show?

3. I also do not get UK's Channel 4. Will this be posted here, or anywhere else?

4. same with the last two posts.
    i live in the US. jb, please post the show on the media section or something like that.

-zdog

5. dont you like need special glasses to watch 3D?

6. Yeah, they aren't very hard to find though. You can buy them at drug stores in the U.S.

7. That's cool. :)

-Doug

8. Can't wait for this. Bring it on.

9. You can watch anything on 4 within 4od.

Link: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od

You may have to wait a couple of days to get it up there though. As for the topic at hand- im very excited. Cardistry Exposure is GOOD.

10. cool, since most of us dont live in UK, some one should upload a stream

11. Is this 3D technology the regular Red/Cyan glasses? Or something like RealD?

J.

12. I'm really looking forward to this one - not only is it fantastic to see such work on mainstream television, but to have a unique 3D experience simultaneously is brilliant. It would be great if there were more programmes such as these, to help bring the work of pasteboards into people's lives that they never thought possible. :)

Jordan

13. Been looking forward to this for a little while - It's going to be AWESOME.

DM = KING.

DC