Theory11 Sponsorship

Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
Hey guys! This is my first post here at Theory11. I'm a "Decknique-transfer", so some of you know me.

Anyways...

What if Theory11 sponsored magicians/cardists? For example, if sponsored, you'd have to only post videos of you using Theory11 material, and always put the Theory11 URL at the end of the video.

Just an idea. What do you guys think?

Jason

This ain't no sponsor house son! You think this is motocross??? Nah, keep guessin! LOL!

Actually, I'm not all for this. I'm sponsored in motocross. I got Liquid Performance, FMF Racing/Factory909, Weapon MX, and Spectro Oils. I'm not looking for any sponsorship with my magic...I'll pass. :D

Best.
Steve

Sep 1, 2007
Why would we need to be sponsored?

I mean for things like xgames you need to be sponsored so they can pay for your equipment, plain tickets, hotels, so you can go to the comps. But we dont really need to do those things, so I don't know why we would need to be sponsored.

Sep 1, 2007
You would need to be sponsored and go out and perform street magic in "Theory 11" shirts, with stickers and business cards to hand out, so Theory 11 could spam the next generation of n00bs into buying everything on this site.

Making money, that's the #1 reason this site copied ellusionist... now, if it was ACTUALLY about the artists, then they could do something positive like 'sponsor' members by putting their videos on the front page, getting them in contact with professional magicians, giving them lots of cards to practice with/perform with, etc...

But no. Instead, there's a button to "SELL your trick!" so theory 11 can make some cash off you too. but don't worry, they'll cut you in! Then you both are guaranteed you will get a piece of the typical "theory 11-year-old's" mom's credit card number.

what a sellout! :(

Sep 1, 2007
Or you can totally look at it from a bad attitude and say "hey, Theory 11 wants your trick for money" rather than "Hey theory 11 is giving you a big chance to get your name out there with a great trick you created, they'll even mass produce it and put it on their website for you, they may take a cut, but It's a step on a long road."

I would hate to be your friend, could you imagine? "Hey bro, don't worry about your girlfriend, she's probably with some other guy right now and has completely forgotten about you, and all that money you spent on her, she'll just sell the necklace and jewelry for money. "

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, but what would be worse, is if I hyped up how awesome of a friend I was going to be for WEEKS, and then you found out that I wasn't remotely as great as I'd promised... and as part of the GREAT new package, oh yeah, you're losing your existing best friend.

Luckily, your best friend (DN in this analogy) comes back to you. for the time being.

now can you understand the bitterness?

I dont think they want This amazing place to be ruined and everyone to find out about it maybe those other magicians you could tell about it and flourishers/cardists but not just people walking around the street that you are performing too that would ruin the underground part in the name
Theory11.com
Underground magic epicenter

Sep 1, 2007
so they could experience the same state of rapture that you fanboys get when you're on these forums :)

share the love!

Sep 1, 2007
SO the original post of the topic was so the people would get the products to be released early and get some live footage of the performances, and be used to not only show live performances of the stuff, but to have them put the theory 11 plug on anything they make, so I guess just debut the stuff and instead of having pro's do it all the time, why not watch real no-name people in real situations performing the material.

~Beans

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
i think its a wonderful idea...

what you would have to do would be like prove your skill through like a video and some letters of recommendation from magicians and laymen, then they would send you something along the lines of a t-shirt some cards and stuff, then the sponsored guys (or gals) could get to sample new stuff b4 release....

sounds like a great idea!

Sep 1, 2007
so they could experience the same state of rapture that you fanboys get when you're on these forums :)

share the love!

We don't need more people coming here because they saw it on a T shirt, we need people coming here because they want to do magic.

Sep 1, 2007
I can 100% guarantee you that if someone saw this site on a t-shirt, visited it, and did not want to do magic, they would leave this site in a second.

Sep 1, 2007
to get people that want to do magic into magic....

why would you want a ton of people that didn't want to do magic seal?

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
be careful getting into a debate with him... heh I made that mistake in another thread :)

more people in magic can only be a good thing, I mean, just because you guys know the methdo, does that make you disinterested in someone doing a trick? hell no! it makes you more interested if anything.

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
I can 100% guarantee you that if someone saw this site on a t-shirt, visited it, and did not want to do magic, they would leave this site in a second.

Well, I'm a member here and over at Ellusionist. I don't want to do magic, but I still haven't left. :)

I didn't see any logoes on t-shirts though...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results