Things you can or can't post

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hey guys, I'm thinking about uploading about 4-5 of my favorite flourishes to the Wire, but I'm a little concerned. I'm not sure what I'm allowed to teach on this site exactly. Some of my moves are completely original so I know those are fine. But I have one Sybil variation and one massive display that starts with a Werm. So, what can I teach? I don't want to steal another artist's work

May 9, 2012
New York
im sure the sybil variation is fine because daniel madison and a few others have maketed their variations. in the case of the werm, i would try to contact dan & dave first. either message them on t11 or try to email them.

Jan 22, 2012
You always want to ask permission if you're going to teach or reference someone's original move. If you don't that's stealing.

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
Shouldn't be a problem if your flourishes are released for free. However I wouldn't teach the WERM or the Sybil Cut in detail if I were you. Just perform the actions in a slow fashion and refer to the original source of the Cut for further explanation. That way your viewers can still follow but you've also given credit to the original creator.

I just hope you don't plan on acutally selling your flourishes -_-

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Shouldn't be a problem if your flourishes are released for free. However I wouldn't teach the WERM or the Sybil Cut in detail if I were you. Just perform the actions in a slow fashion and refer to the original source of the Cut for further explanation. That way your viewers can still follow but you've also given credit to the original creator.

I just hope you don't plan on acutally selling your flourishes -_-

I love your releases Joey but I do disagree a little.

I don't understand how offering it for free helps at all. Theory11 already sells the "Werm" for $4.95, they are not going to offer a flourish on the Wire for free that teaches the same move.

If it started with the "Werm" I would start with the display and continue from then explaining.

Putting a tutorial up for free isn't any more moral than paying for it. I don't understand your reasoning :/

Joey144

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Bavaria, Germany
I wrote that because I think the WERM cut isn't really a super complex flourish and can bascially be figured out by watching a performance anyway. Thats why I thougth it shouldn't be a problem if he just shows the action he uses to get into the display.
I did the same thing with my recent Tutorial which contains the revolution cut and it wasn't a problem.
However:
If it started with the "Werm" I would start with the display and continue from then explaining.
that might be a better solution :)

regards

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results