This is just plain SICKENING

L

Liam Carrie

ugh i just hate to see this it sickens me. Magic Makers incorporated is Ripping off a lot of Magicians signature tricks . They first stole ashers twist by calling it the ghost kings. Then They stole healed and sealed and called it their own "crushed and cured". They ripped off So many people while Publishing showoff with cards like Oscar Muno'z pirouette change calling it Chameleon change. They even made their own loops rip off. and now they might even be ripping off Chris Kenner's 3 Fly with their 'Illusion Coins'
Why the heck do these b@$%^$#@ keep doing this!????

Aug 31, 2007
I don't know... it's when people try to make money with unethical means. Not illegal, just unethical and plain "not-nice".

Even T11's Digital Dissolve is under heavy fire for originality and rip-off accusations. Every major magic company has at least gone through such things before.

And by the way, T11, I'm still waiting for an answer about Digital Dissolve.

- harapan. magic!

Sep 24, 2007
Actually, Magic Makers product looks more like a rip off of Come Fly With Me by Mark Mason or U3F by Bob Kohler, as it uses a gaff.

- Chicken

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
And by the way, T11, I'm still waiting for an answer about Digital Dissolve.

I remember seeing a topic about this where I believe the dispute was solved, at least for the most part. Try searching for it, if you haven't already. Maybe you have and just want more, but I'm just trying to help - not be rude. :D

Liam, I'm happy to know I'm not the only one that thinks JM looks like Neo, haha!

Peace

gared_Crawford

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Houston, TX
The guy in the demo does a horrible job with the coins and the effect looks pretty weak. And yes it is a rip off of U3F. Hopefully no one will buy it because he did such a terirble job. When is this going to stop? What needs to happen is dealers need to stop selling this stuff but unfortunately most of them can hide behind the internet and still sell it.

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
Definately Kohler's U3F
it kinda surprised me.....tsk...to think they'd go so low.
1/2 the price too...
then again...they've got a history of ripping off other peoples stuff.

L

Liam Carrie

The guy in the demo does a horrible job with the coins and the effect looks pretty weak. And yes it is a rip off of U3F. Hopefully no one will buy it because he did such a terirble job. When is this going to stop? What needs to happen is dealers need to stop selling this stuff but unfortunately most of them can hide behind the internet and still sell it.

Ha ha the guy in illusion coins is so full of himself. THAT is someone who chris kenner would probably watch considering he thinks he is cool but he sucks. Same with Rob Stiff. They are even doing their own "invisible Deck" now lol

Sep 2, 2007
MAhgic makers is supposed to be a way for people who don;t want to spend big money on stuff they are cheap knockoffs (Except PK paperclip...I hear that that is more expensive than the opener)

Aug 31, 2007
California
I don't know... it's when people try to make money with unethical means. Not illegal, just unethical and plain "not-nice".

- harapan. magic!

Actually it is Illegal. Stealing a creating effect and claiming it as your own is stealing. Such as having a invention and someone having the same thing with a different name.

Don't buy from MM. You will just be buying stolen products.

Keenan

Oct 27, 2007
Eastern Seaboard, USA
Well, that's what happens when you make a trick a commodity.

This has always gone on, just the ol' internet makes it painfully easier to notice as well as make it much more frequent.

Make tricks ala carte, someone will buy one, repackage it and they are off and running....

I haven't looked at the ones mentioned in this thread, but are they direct, EXACT copies other than name?

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Well, w/ the change, look at what E did with it, Released a whole DVD on it!

Sorry you are ill-informed or just trying to agitate someone by posting this. Marc DeSouza and Oscar Munoz are friends first off. Oscar is completely fine with the changes Marc made to Oscar's change to make Shapeshifter. Marc has credited Oscar numerous times in his own written works and other video works without hesitation when addressing the history of Shapeshifter. I am not sure if you were trying to insinuate that Marc was ripping off Oscar or if E was ripping off Oscar but either way mentioning Marc's effect in the same thread as Magic Makers is enough to make me puke.

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
Even worse. The coins are fake... copies of old coins. They are stamped COPY on the back. oh and... they are not silver. I don't think they are even metal.
I only touched them for a moment then my flesh burned and I dropped my yellow MM urine deck.

-E

L

Liam Carrie

Sorry you are ill-informed or just trying to agitate someone by posting this. Marc DeSouza and Oscar Munoz are friends first off. Oscar is completely fine with the changes Marc made to Oscar's change to make Shapeshifter. Marc has credited Oscar numerous times in his own written works and other video works without hesitation when addressing the history of Shapeshifter. I am not sure if you were trying to insinuate that Marc was ripping off Oscar or if E was ripping off Oscar but either way mentioning Marc's effect in the same thread as Magic Makers is enough to make me puke.

--Jim
I never said anything about ellusionist ripping off oscar i realize Marc de souza and oscar are friends. You might be misunderstanding there

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results