this makes me want to hurt something.

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
i have made numerous purchases through theory11 and Ellusionist and just recently i was curious on how many of them are being reveled for free. i went on youtube only to find that most of the effects are being reveled to the public FOR FREE.

i would like to hear others opinions on this catastrophe.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
This is a direct result of the "big names" that have been exposing tricks in the name of "teaching" for the past few years. Newbies don't know the difference, so they think a way to become popular and successful is to expose things.

Buy books instead of downloads. They are more cost effective and the material taught in books is rarely exposed on YouTube, because those guys don't read.

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
Buy books instead of downloads. They are more cost effective and the material taught in books is rarely exposed on YouTube, because those guys don't read.

true but i was mostly concerned with the fact that these people are giving away other peoples life work for free which is unfair to the creators and the people watching the videos because they dont get the insight or performance tips from the creator.

that was a really nice roast though. :)

Reactions: Mr_ARPY

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
Wow, the YouTube kids are getting lazy again.

i have made numerous purchases through theory11 and Ellusionist and just recently i was curious on how many of them are being reveled for free. i went on youtube only to find that most of the effects are being reveled to the public FOR FREE.

i would like to hear others opinions on this catastrophe.

There are far better things to spend your time thinking about.

cardman said:
So many people say “piracy/youtube is killing magic”.

Can someone please give an estimated date or year please.

Don’t use a verb, as an action that has an ending point.

Who gives a #$@&%*. I’m middle ground. I have all I need on my shelves….still.

#$@&%* sake though. That is the most tired bull statement. If the Earth lasts another 10,000 years there will be some guy entertaining with magic.

Killing…..indeed. Can’t kill what can’t die. I didn’t even need my philosophy courses.

To date no one person has called me out on anything that I can recall but a double lift….which…well….I mostly killed my double lift. A near dead move to me, unless truly needed without choice in the routine.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
There are far better things to spend your time thinking about.

And there are far more helpful and respectful ways to respond to people's posts.

This is a direct result of the "big names" that have been exposing tricks in the name of "teaching" for the past few years. Newbies don't know the difference, so they think a way to become popular and successful is to expose things.

Actions do matter. My simple rule is to respect magic. Don't reveal it on Youtube and don't watch the reveals. And, as Christopher said, I get books because I know what is on there is much better that the stuff exposed on YouTube in the name of "teaching."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results