This one's for all you card guys out there...

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Hey guys,
I'm seriously considering switching from Bicycle to Tally-Ho. I know that standard Bikes have the air-cushion finish and the Tally-Ho Vipers have the UV500 Air-Flow Finish. I've been using my Vipers for flourishing and I've been really impressed. Is the same true for the regular red/blue circle/fan backed Tally-Hos? If not, what type of finish do the standard Tally-Hos have?

Thanks for the help,

-Matt

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
I seem to remember a while ago there was a big debate about this issue, and the upshot of it all after someone contacted the USPCC themselves was that bikes and tallys actually have exactly the same stock/finish/quality whatever you want to call it. So if you want to swap for asthetic reasons then go for it, but there probably isn't any advantage handling wise. I personally can't feel the difference.

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
Only Ellusionist's custom decks have UV500 Air-Flow Finish; regular Tally-ho deck use Linoid finish... but as far as I'm concerned, there's really no big difference between air-cushion and linoid...(don't quote me on that though); some said it lasts just a bit longer than Bikes.

Sep 9, 2007
Well, if You're comparing normal Bikes and Vipers, no doubt Vipers are much much better. Personally I love Masters and I don't think anything can beat those imo.

Oh, and the standard Tally-Ho decks are linoid finished. But the finish is just as in normal Bikes I think. The paper is different, that's all.

Peace.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Alright. Thanks guys for the insight, but, I might as well just buy some Tally-Hos and Masters and find out what I really like. I just really liked the feel of the Vipers and was wondering if the normal Tally-Hos were anywhere close.

Thanks,

-Matt

Sep 2, 2007
I always thought the difference between regular Tallys and regular Bikes was the finish, not the stock?

There have been a lot question about the difference. According the United States Playing Card Company, there is no difference, although there is an apparent different feel to them.

Moreover, UV 500 finish is just for Ellusionist, so the regular Tallies will not be as thick as, handle like, or look as cool as the Vipers.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
why the heck start a thread about how you're "thinking of switching"?

you should buy a bunch of every type of cards and learn all your moves with all types of cut, finish etc.

Sep 1, 2007
I far prefer Tallys to Bikes...and if you do a search on the Magic Cafe, you'll find many people feel the same, despite there being no "real" difference between them. They're just...better!

I find that they last longer and behave better. They also feel more flexible than Bikes, although that could just be me. Also, I love ringing in a Tally gaff every now and then to surprise a fellow magician!

The only reason for sticking with Bikes is that virtually all gaffs and gimmicks are made for them. The only gaffs I tend to use are available for Tallys anyway, so that's a non-issue.

Tally Ho's and Bikes are the exact same cards, just with a different name.
And different back designs. But other than that, yes, they are exactly the same in every way, shape and form.

But you can't stop the Tally-lunatics from creating crazy conspiracy theories that they are actually different cards, and that the USPCC is actually lying to us (I've heard one person claim that he had certain proof that they were not the same: they smell different :rolleyes: ).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results