Thoughts on Criss Angel

Sep 8, 2007
I can't stand Criss Angel and his "Mindfreak" show. Everything he does now is set up and completely stooged. If you watched the episode that was on tonight, he pulled out someones selected card from a guys head! Come on, thats ridiculous! He is ruining the art of magic and its pissing me off bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 2, 2008
I can't stand Criss Angel and his god damn "Mindfreak" show. Everything he does now is set up and completely stooged. If you watched the episode that was on tonight, he pulled out someones selected card from a guys head! Come on, thats ridiculous! He is ruining the art of magic and its pissing me off bad!

I don't really care for him either, but what can you do? :(

EDIT: I wouldn't go that far and say he is "ruining" magic, but.. Eh.

D

Deleted member 2755

I won't lie that I liked the old Criss Angel better than the new one. I didn't catch Mindfreak though so I can't really comment on the episode.

-Doug

Jul 15, 2008
yea, volcan's right... nothing you can do.

And remember...

No matter how good you are... People will always say you're not as good as Criss Angel. In fact, people have asked me numerous times: Is Criss Angel like your hero? and I usually respond by a four letter word, followed by Criss Angel.
Here's a clue:

Spec: Is Criss Angel like your hero?
Me: ***k Criss Angel.

Reactions: Hgagnon
Sep 8, 2007
I hate how he acts and talks that hes the best magician when there are magicians out there that are a lot more skilled than he is.

Oct 19, 2007
lol yea I liked it too but those two ladies that went ALL the way into the lake was a little much, one of them even brought her purse LMAO hope there weren't any cell phoes in there lol. But the head thing was REALLY COOL to me

Jul 15, 2008
Just think about it this way:

Criss Angel is like a 40-50 year old man who dresses like a 16 year old emo kid.

Anyone he ever "shows" a trick to on the show finds out how fake he really is.

Nothing beats the satisfaction out of fooling a magician. Criss Angel will never feel that satisfaction.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
No, that was pretty cool and I know I'll be hearing that from a lot of people now.
"Can you pull a card outta my head?"
"Sure can", as I take a knife out of the droor.

Nov 17, 2007
I agree. I hate Criss Angel. I saw a clip of his show and he turned a 6 year old girl into a 20 year old. He tries to make it look legit when he tells the girl she can pick out her own clothing. But, guess what. She picks an ENORMOUS black cape, a HUGE garden hat, and like 20 layers of HUGE dresses large enough to hide, geez, I don't know, maybe ANOTHER person. Hmm? Wonder why she picked all that instead of what a normal 6 year old girl would pick?!?!?!?!? That my friends is what pissed me off.

Oct 19, 2007
The head trick was absurd, magic is for entertaining people not to gross them out.

OKAY.........idk if you watched it or not maybe your blind but he amused me and he also amused them so next time think before you type. AND THIS MAKE ME REALLY MAD! just because a magician likes to wear black doesnt mean he's EMO please I hear a lot of ppl call him emo but to me it seems they dont know what the definition of emo is. It seems to me that you guys are so immature that just because a magician makes money at what he does and makes people think it's real you guys automatically hate him.

It looks like you guys dont know what a real magician is. Magicians are suppose to fool the mind not the eyes. He entertained me and the people he does it for and thats what his show is suppose to be. It's not for other magicians to become hecklers

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
It seems like most magicians are hypocrites.
"He's not real, he's using a prop/stooge."

It's like dam, go ahead and use a stooge, their not illegal.
It's not like his entire audience is actors.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Joel Paschall said,"The job of the artist is to convince the world of his lie. What he creates isn't real but it is ok to enjoy it for what it is."

Criss Angel entertained me too and many viewers at home. Even though I know that some of his tricks might be camera tricks, paid audiences etc. I still respect him for what he does.

Jan 27, 2008
I can't stand Criss Angel and his "Mindfreak" show. Everything he does now is set up and completely stooged. If you watched the episode that was on tonight, he pulled out someones selected card from a guys head! Come on, thats ridiculous! He is ruining the art of magic and its pissing me off bad!
Well, in a sense it's sort of true he's setting the magic industry back in time, but if you really think about it, he's introducing more people to the art, which is a good thing.

Yes a lot of his stuff is fake, but are you really not entertained by it anyways? I watched a 4 episode marathon of it last night. As a magician it's cool to know what's staged, and the stuff that is real, how it is done.

-Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results