Thread - Good for Stage?

Dec 5, 2008
i was wondering if thread would be visible to the audience if im on a stage like talent show style. because i havent seen myself do it before... and i was just wondering if anyone of you have done it and did EVERYONE see it? even the people itn the back row

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
i was wondering if thread would be visible to the audience if im on a stage like talent show style. because i havent seen myself do it before... and i was just wondering if anyone of you have done it and did EVERYONE see it? even the people itn the back row
Haven't you watched the Performances on Stage by Wayne in the DVD?
The key is to bring several members on stage to verify that It's really happening.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Haven't you watched the Performances on Stage by Wayne in the DVD?
I dont think the people in the back would be able to see it in an full size school auditorium. It is a piece of thread afterall.
The key is to bring several members on stage to verify that It's really happening.
Nooo. Everyone should be able to see the performance.
You bring people on stage to assist with something not to be the eyes for everyone else.

May 3, 2008
I've used it in my school auditorium which is pretty damn huge (second largest theater in NYC I believe). I've had no problem with people seeing it. Wayne's presentation on the DVD will benefit greatly in preparing them for what's going to happen so that they will not have to guess. I also had some people in the audience that have seen it before and helped hype it up for me quite a bit. You should also find ways to increase visibility. I wore all black clothing and used white thread; white on a black backdrop lets everyone see it pretty damn clearly.

Mar 25, 2009
Anywhere, USA
It Depends..............

I have used I.T. (invisible thread) before love using it, but you are very dirty. I switched to "Loops". Those are awsome and you can do about the same things. But with I.T. its really about the lighting, if the light hits it right your Spec's (Spectators) will see it.

Oct 22, 2008
He's talking about the effect thread.

o yess i just performed this effect in front of about 100 or so people and alot of people were in the back but, when doing it you just need to make it discrete and walk around showing people what is happening and not just getting it over with. Probably got the most amazing reactions ever with thread tonight and it was all on stage in front of tons. So yes as long as you make sure your audience feels involved and you perform it well. Plus as Wayne says in his DVD or download that you can bring up 4 or 5 people from the audience to stand next to you to make sure it is legit and everything. Defenitley my favorite trick to perform at the moment.

-Jake

Aug 31, 2007
California
You bring people on stage to assist with something not to be the eyes for everyone else.

Actually,

People are brought onto stage very often so that the rest of the audience can see their reaction and build off that. It is somewhat of a way to get the reactions starting.

Depending on the size of the stage, how many people, budget, etc. You could, if you really needed to, get a cam set up to a screen behind you. Also getting a few people up on stage (one or two; someone who you know will have a big reaction to their reactions prior) to "help" you. Let them check out the string, etc. But when they react strongly, so will the rest of the audience, even if they cannot see, but take sight into consideration, you want everyone to see.

Keenan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results