Thread Review!

Jul 29, 2008
Hey guys, I just got Thread in the mail on Friday and I decided to put up a review for it. I bought this from Wayne's site if it makes a difference, though I doubt it will.

So the quality is absolutely amazing! It's probably just me but the movement and the clarity is better then normal T11 and magic DVDs especially the intro where all the motions look so clear!

I'll have a review for both methods, so bear with me :p !

The Geek Method : All I have to say is wow, as I'm sure with others, this was defininetly not what they expected. If you plan to do this you will need alot of pratice and "adjusting". This method though is extremly visual, you end practically clean and you can let the thread hang from your eye with your eye open. I personally like the geek method more but it's completly your preference. This also requires a set-up before the performance.

The Sleight Method : This method requires a bigger set-up and making a gimmick but after making the gimmick the set-up is very minor. So this method is really quite ingenius. But you have to be a little bit more careful with this method then the geek method in terms of getting caught. But if you can't do the geek method or you just like the sleight method more, this is really a great way to perform thread!

Gypsy Thread : This is an effect that comes with Thread, it's beautiful in it's simplicity. You break the thread into 4 or 5 pieces and it visually restores itself. The difficulty out of 10 is probably a 3 or 4, you just need to practice this alot in front of a mirror to get this looking good.

Materials Needed: The materials you need can be easily obtained except for one thing. You'll know what I mean when you purchase this. If you live in the US or Canada you can get at a local Shoppers Drug Mart.

Throughout the DVD Wayne also has a lot of performances of Thread with ALOT of advice to give people about performing Thread such as how to perform this close-up and on stage aswell.

Theres also the Bonus section, it includes a longer opening which looks really cool, an interview with Wayne that talks about magic itself and how to perform and it's not entirely just about Thread. There's also a bonus performance with Wayne.

Thats all I can think of so far, for now!

P.S. Does anyone know how I can get acess to the protected forum? I emailed Wayne but he said I need to give them my order number which I don't have but I have this genuine box with Wayne's stamp on the box and the email he sent about thanking us for buying Thread.

Also I heard that once you look at the menu long enough that something pops up as an effect and teaches it to you like other DVDs, is this true?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results